Is the Ruger Mini-14 Obsolete?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^ Yeah...that's what I said. You can't make a rational, well-reasoned argument. You argue from emotion. Go back to polishing your sword now.
My rational, well reasoned argument is that it failed me and others I knew. Period, end of argument.

Now you can go back to humping your corgies.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Mini-14 and a Mini-30 and AR pistols in 5.56 and .300 Blackout. I like them all but for some reason the Mini-14 is for me the most accurate iron sight rifle I have ever shot.
It is a good rifle for some, not to others. It all comes down to personal choice. Personally I will take anything over an AR.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a good rifle for some, not to others. It all comes down to personal choice. Personally I will take anything over an AR.
At least it's not an AR:
1707685240574.png
If the coast guard had been able to issue this masterpiece of pot metal and plastic in the 1970s Ken Iforgothisname might still be polishing brass today.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My rational, well reasoned argument is that it failed me and others I knew. Period, end of argument.

Now you can go back to humping your corgies.

When did it fail you and who else do you know that it failed? I don't recall you ever making that argument before. It was always about your imaginary best friend whose last name you don't know. Then again, it's hard to keep a lot of your stories straight.

My dogs make better arguments than you do... And their memories are a LOT better.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Imagine how ugly an S&W revolver would be with torx screws. Ewww!
That would be pretty ugly, but look forward to it I'm thinking.
For those of us that are structured and organized, when I totally rebuilt the 14' fishing boat my grandpa bought when I was born I "timed" all the screw heads like one would see in a "fine" firearm. Everything is North/South, or East/West depending on the location.
Yeah, it probably won't bring an extra dime when trying to sell it, but it does show attention to detail.
Several on this forum have seen it.