Is There a Known Time Limit on a Reply When Dealing on Here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nobody involved knows the time-line of events other than the seller. Everyone else just makes assumptions as to what has actually taken place. If I get to walk away with the item great, if not, no big deal, there will be another. Generally we live in a world where everyone thinks "they got screwed" if things don't work out in their favor, whether they actually did or not. Nobody here owes me an explanation, If I walk away with it great.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As others have said, it’s all about the timing. If you really want the trade to happen, you post in the ad and follow up with a PM, then you sit on your message box, hitting the refresh button over and over, until the trade is worked out. If you drop a trade offer and then go do life for a while, be prepared to lose out. Especially if the trade item being offered isn’t as desirable as a trade item offered by someone else in the meantime.

Now IMHO, an unequivocal “I’ll take it” posted in the ad followed immediately by a PM to work out the details of a trade for cold, hard cash trumps all ;)

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the old days of the forum there was a certain amount of integrity, an "I will take it" actually meant something. There are still members that hold true to that standard, but there are many that play by the first buyer that shows up gets the prize rule. A recent experience solidified that new standard for me, I also read the rules and it appears the old I will take it rule is purely up to the seller now.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Problem with PM deals.
Nobody knows who was first so the seller can deal with whoever they want for whatever reason they want.

Why I used to put any ‘I’ll take it’ posted trumps PM deals.

Got some varying degrees of PMs from folks telling me I should just do PM deals.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody involved knows the time-line of events other than the seller. Everyone else just makes assumptions as to what has actually taken place. If I get to walk away with the item great, if not, no big deal, there will be another. Generally we live in a world where everyone thinks "they got screwed" if things don't work out in their favor, whether they actually did or not. Nobody here owes me an explanation, If I walk away with it great.
Agree with this.

Expect nothing until the item is in your hand and you are walking away.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest problem i see and not just on here but everywhere is everyone thinks everyone else walks around with a phone in their face not everyone even has one of these smart phones and i only check my phone a couple of times a day depending on what im doing that day wife gets mad at me at times cause it may be hours before i see a messages she sends but like i tell her if it is important call and talk to me most time i dont hear the little ding sound my phone makes when a message comes in cause of the equipment im running.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First to ask gets it. They don’t come to an agreement I move to the second in line if there is one.

I have even held items for weeks for guys. Have waited a day or so for guys to gather the funds and they simply couldn’t swing it, then onto the next guy. Have never used the SPF thing. Just kill the ad when it’s paid for. I will also PM back the second and third guy if there is a wait on the first guy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom