Is your house gross? Anonymous poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is your house gross?

• No, my home is immaculate or close to it at all times.

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • My house isn't perfect, but it usually just needs a quick straigtening.

Votes: 82 54.3%
  • I'm messy and don't dust, but my kitchen and bathroom are not scary.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • My house is gross and smells. Bathroom is a biohazard and kitchen is an affront to humanity.

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if polling is accurate (ha) and we had an OSA potluck, you'd have a 6.43% chance of eating catshit brownies.
I've never let a cat in the house. The last cat I had that lived under the house was most likely caught by the coyotes months ago.
I miss his affection, his loyaly, and his love, but the smell
of his feces is something I don't miss at all. There, I said it. Does that make me a bad person?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say that at your funeral, Ridge but it is my most devout hope that you will out live me.
I'd be glad to record a eulogy for you in advance. The modern funeral is an interactive affair. I don't see why one dead guy cant put in a good word for another dead guy. Shoot me a PM, let's do this thing.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Iggy if you've never had a cat in the house, you don't know what you're missing. I'm not a cat guy, but I had to rescue a couple for the kids who fell in love with them. As a result I end up having to deal with it.

Anyway... Life handed me two furry, psychotic lemons and so I decided to just pretend the litter box detail is kinda like that Gold Rush show on the tube. Setup a nice little trommel and sluice to reclaim all of the unused litter and pretty soon you'll be basking in the glory of more 'brown gold' than you can handle.

I even grew one of those cool Todd Hoffman beards for effect.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to get completely off topic here, but my friend downloaded a pirated copy of Quicken Will to make out his will and I specifically asked to speak at his funeral (should I outlive him) so I can add the words "and thus he stuck it to the man, from beyond the grave".

That being said, after getting into some much needed deep cleaning, I may have to change my answer from "meh, not that bad" to "yeah, there are some pretty dusty gross spots in my house".

My biggest problem is that when peewee football (thank God my youngest's last year was this year) comes around... and basketball, and baseball (with 3 kids) we don't even spend much time in our house. Also possibly coincidentally I get pretty out of shape during that time as well since I never have time to visit the gym. Then we spend about a month cleaning everything up and start the next 2-3month season and it all starts over again.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think everyone saying "on second look, kinda dusty gross" or "was immaculate until I had the second kid" and stuff like that has NO ******* IDEA what a gross house really is. Trust me, your houses are not gross if you're saying coy, self-depreciating things like that. Dust under your couch doesn't make you gross, people. Being busy and leaving stuff lying around is not gross.

People with true gross houses will fall into one of 2 categories a.) they'll freely admit their house is gross or b.) they don't know/won't acknowledge it. 10% fall in the first category, 90% fall in the latter. Thus my poll was an exercise in in futility. But so is my life.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wage a losing war against dust. I live in a field and heat with wood. I leave my windows open a lot on nice days. I'm about to move to town, but into a 90+ year-old house (read: not airtight) and I'll still be heating with wood. Dust is my friend now. Some wise men from Kansas once said it's all we are, my friend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom