Is your retro rifle your SHTF gun? How do you have it set up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am remodeling a Colt R6600 A2 rifle right now. It's a pre '89 carry handle20" Hbar with the A2 full stock. I went with the KAC M5 Ras. Alway been a big fan for the KAC rails. Some of the other upgrades I am adding- KAC 2 stage trigger (old style) as well as the KAC flash hider. Then I also added the Colt hydraulic LMG buffer. Now that the gun needs it bit I have always wanted to try one out, and had one setting in the safe for years.

As on light and laser, I am not a real big user of them but at some point if I add one, I am sure it will be a streamlight TLR-2. Nothing real big. Than at some point I want to add a bipod to it.

Here is a picture of the weapon as I got it. I will post another picture once the rest of the parts come in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240514_114547_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240514_114547_Chrome.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 0

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s one of my retro SHTF rifles, a Winchester M1917. Now if I could just figure out how to mount a flashlight and red dot I’d be in business. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Flashlight is easy. Duct tape. Take a piece of Pic rail and some shims. Level up the rail on the upper handguard and attach with wood screws. Mount optic. Done.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1917 is for longer range (love your rifle btw, very, very nice!!!!). Dispatch before they know you are there. Short range M4 or other. Normal contact range is very close quarters, semiautomatic is preferred.

Latest posts

Top Bottom