Israel going in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm talking about playing world police. All it does is make us more enemies.

So, if we didn't do anything, but be an isolationist country, the terrorist would leave us alone?

The Palestinians are using children as human shields in an effort to win the propaganda war, and I see its happening.

They use their own children as collateral damage in front of the cameras to make a political statement.

Over 100 rockets have fallen short, only to kill Palestinians and be added to the propaganda war.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find the defiance of the militant Palestinians to be inspiring. They were dispossessed of their land over 60 years ago and have been reduced to a pathetic existence in a few tiny shreds of their former homeland, impoverished and completely dominated by the occupier; but they have never forgotten, and have never stopped fighting. Despite their desperate situation, they refuse to settle for any peace terms short of getting all their land back, and vow to continue fighting until the occupiers have all been killed or subjugated. When they got a chance to elect a government, the majority of Palestinians shoved it up the occupiers' asses and elected a militant faction. I only hope I would have the strength to continue the fight under those same circumstances.

Well put.
You know, I think that's why I have so much respect for the Plains Indians of the 19th century - at least some of them fought 'til the bitter end to try to preserve their culture. We can see how well rez life has worked out, maybe the Palestinians learned something from them. I remember Arafat meeting with some Indian leaders, discussing the similarities of each situation.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder why Hamas isn't lobbing rockets and attacking folks in Jordan? Guess they only have a problem with territory that is occupied by the Jews. Oppression by Muslims and Arabs is ok I guess?

This is a religious war...just like many others throughout history.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find the defiance of the militant Palestinians to be inspiring. They were dispossessed of their land over 60 years ago and have been reduced to a pathetic existence in a few tiny shreds of their former homeland, impoverished and completely dominated by the occupier; but they have never forgotten, and have never stopped fighting. Despite their desperate situation, they refuse to settle for any peace terms short of getting all their land back, and vow to continue fighting until the occupiers have all been killed or subjugated. When they got a chance to elect a government, the majority of Palestinians shoved it up the occupiers' asses and elected a militant faction. I only hope I would have the strength to continue the fight under those same circumstances.

Well put.
You know, I think that's why I have so much respect for the Plains Indians of the 19th century - at least some of them fought 'til the bitter end to try to preserve their culture. We can see how well rez life has worked out, maybe the Palestinians learned something from them. I remember Arafat meeting with some Indian leaders, discussing the similarities of each situation.

So, if I am understanding you both correctly. If the roles were reversed, then you would be supporting the Jewish side of the conflict?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder why Hamas isn't lobbing rockets and attacking folks in Jordan? Guess they only have a problem with territory that is occupied by the Jews. Oppression by Muslims and Arabs is ok I guess?

Hey... hey..... let's not get all logical like up in here. No need for that.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Did Jordan take a chunk of Palestine to create a new country?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did Jordan take a chunk of Palestine to create a new country?

Jordan occupies lands that at one time or another was considered part of Palestine. Jordan was created by others, just like Israel, within those old, contested, and muddled lines. Palestinians in Jordan (and other arab states) live in equally crappy conditions but they seem to be ok with it as long as there isn't a Jew at the helm.

The "rights" to occupy land in that region are clouded in thousands of years of meddling and fighting...aggravated by religion. The Palestinians, or more precisely Hamas, aren't noble freedom fighters. They are religious fanatics. So are the Jews for that matter.

I'm no expert but I know which side is more likely to establish a society based on freedom, coexistence, and freedom of association, and it isn't Hamas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom