It’s going to get cold!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m just waiting for it to get real bad and then I shall go to town to buy bread and toilet paper. Oh and diesel anti gel.
I'm not a diesel guy other than in the tractors that don't get any use in the winter, but wondering why the refineries don't add that anti gel to the mix in the winter?
I know they go to almost kerosene during winter months.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’m just waiting for it to get real bad and then I shall go to town to buy bread and toilet paper. Oh and diesel anti gel.
I don't think diesel gels like it used to back in the day. I had three diesels in the driveway and a tractor sitting next to the shop in Feb 2011 when it got down to -17⁰ and again three or four years ago when it didn't get above 10⁰ or so for a few days in a row. None had antigel in the fuel and all started like normal. I had two different trucks gel in the late 1990's in warmer temps than those. Anyone experienced the same?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend has several Great Pyrenees, they love this **** coming up? My Australian Shepard loves the cold, snow, sleet anything goes, but likes to warm up his ass by the fire too! But not our friends Pyrenees!
I guess it all depends on how they were raised. Ours has been an outside dog since we got him back in 2014.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think diesel gels like it used to back in the day. I had three diesels in the driveway and a tractor sitting next to the shop in Feb 2011 when it got down to -17⁰ and again three or four years ago when it didn't get above 10⁰ or so for a few days in a row. None had antigel in the fuel and all started like normal. I had two different trucks gel in the late 1990's in warmer temps than those. Anyone experienced the same?
I’ve seen OnCue signs advertising that they winterize their diesel. I wonder if they and others treat their diesel with anti-gel additives. With that said, I still use Stanadyne year round for cetane boost, lubricity, anti-gel, etc.

Broncos

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And stay off the frozen ponds and lakes Pulled 3 from icy ponds in my career and 2 were young boys 😢😢😢

Attachments

• IMG_1510.png
    IMG_1510.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've lived in some of the coldest/snowiest places on this planet,,,
In only a few cases I was in a home that I couldn't heat well enough.

The one thing I learned is that I can always get warm,,,
I once pitched an arctic quality tent in a house,,,
I lived "tight" for two months,,,
But I was warm.

What I can't stand any more is that danged snow.

Cold is endurable,,,
Wet cold is the worst thing in the world.

I moved from the mountains of northern California,,,
To my childhood home of Oklahoma.

It seems that I may not have moved far enough south,,,
Oklahoma really doesn't get very much snow,,,
But it does get her fair share of ice storms.

140213-DieWinterDie.jpg

Aarond

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is me and dealing with the cold. Last month we got a GSD puppy. Still house training him. Outside we go every 30 minutes or so he hopefully learns to go outside instead of in the house. It's been getting real cold and fast standing out there waiting for him to do his thing. He's got a thick coat and the cold doesn't seem to phase him. Going to be a long cold week of potty traing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom