It's getting close to Wanamaker time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been here over 42 years and I never have got around to going to the Wanenmacher show probably because I'm afraid of how much $$$ I'd end up spending. :)

Nov. 11th is also opening weekend of duck season and I hope to be hunting.

dh.jpg

N5JBD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my best advise as a local. I live only 5 minutes away and find that if you live local or are visiting and staying in a hotel take a Uber to the show. The fairgrounds have a lot of parking but the last time that I drove I spent almost 30 minutes finding a parking spot and then had a long walk to the door. Spend a couple of bucks and Uber in.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best deals are carried through the doors by individuals. Most of the dealers are there to buy guns. Lots of tables where people just show off their collection. I'd say about 25% of the tables are actually there to make sales. I get a table for the spring show and usually sell most of the guns I take to dealers on Friday when we set up. I then buy almost as many from people tired of carrying around what they brought to the show. I'm not sure if the Fall show is different, I've never been because I'm in the woods in November.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go almost every show, it's the only show I attend anymore. I usually find a good deal there.
Sometimes the good deal is a firearm, sometimes it is something else: parts or accessories. Sometimes I just walk around visiting with the vendors and looking.

I really do enjoy the show.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve found a few gems at decent prices inside. But, the best deals are in the parking lot. They just want to sell so they can buy something else. A few years ago there were a couple guys with folding chairs by the line to get in. Beside both of them was a stack of blue S&W cardboard boxes. They had a wad of cash each and was buying every one.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As others have said, the best deals any more are those carried in by individuals - many of the vendors nowadays are there to make a buck, so deals on their tables will be far and few in between. It wasn‘t always the case; years ago when table and door fees weren’t as bad as they are now, there were more individual collections being sold, often at excellent prices since the sellers weren‘t as profit-driven. This was especially the case at the sadly defunct Grand National shows, where there were a LOT of private collections being sold. I picked up some great deals there. Not so much as at Wanenmacher.

The draw to Wanenmacher is the chance to visit the biggest gun show in the country, with emphasis on “show” ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom