Kahr CM 9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
No cons. Mine worked great right out of the box. I really liked my Beretta Nano or Walther PPS better but the CM is smaller and allows for pocket carry.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drink the Kahr cool aide everyday. It has been my primary carry for 3 years now. The only cons I have come up with while owning them is the sights are a bear to replace, and they are more of a pain to disassemble. About the sights. The dove tails are cut pretty tight and the sights require some filing to fit. tear down requires holding the slide back to get the pin out and on my k9 is especially difficult to hold in that position and at the same time use a punch to pop it out.

Other than those two things, they are wonderful guns. I am thinking of getting a CM9 myself to add to my Kahr family. Great guns, great price, and very high quality construction. Oh I also don't like the staked front sight on the C series of Kahr, but that is where they save some money in the manufacturing.

powdernlead

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have carried a CM9 for the last 8 months. I love mine! It has been flawless through about 600 rounds so far. Easy to carry and conceals like an LCP, with a more powerful round. Just do yourself a favor and stay away from the 7 round magazines...

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
As most on this board can attest, I have tried a lot of carry guns, the PM9 is the one I have stuck with the longest. The negatives are it can be a handful with full house loads, some don't like the grip because you can't get all your fingers on it, the slide stop bites your thumb if you don't round it off. (depending on your thumb length and grip). The trigger is a bit different in that its a long pull and reset but it's very smooth. I've got a PM9 with night sights and a CT laser, great little gun. I'm sure the CM9 is as well.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pros: Very concealable, good sights, nice trigger, good CQ, decent CS and nice balance

Cons: Kahr's CEO is Kook Jin "Justin" Moon (son of Unification Church founder Sun Myung Moon)

FWIW, I EDC a Kahr CW45. Sure, I'm funding the Moonies, but it's a great carry piece.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i carry one everyday. no problems,sooner state pawn has blems for 369.99 and non blems for 399.99 i look over thier blems a couple days ago and couldn't find a blem on any of them. same warranty

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For what it is, I think the Kahr CM9/PM9 is great. You won't be winning any challenges with it, and it is too big for effective pocket carry for me, but it could definitely shoot lead into an attacker within 3-5 yards.

Do I think there are better options out there? Yes. Definitely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom