Kahr cw9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I can't find anything wrong with mine except it has a long trigger pull, but it is a very smooth, nice, long trigger pull! It is actually very accurate as well and I have not had one jam in it yet. I was skeptical of buying it at first but now I would recommend this to carry highly.

okjoek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew I couldn't find much bad said about them, I like Kahrs and this one seems to be a less expensive than others, though I think the others are worth the money as well.
Just thought I'd throw it out here in case there were lots of folks unhappy and I just didn't know it.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be as negative as I can, since that's what you've asked for...

The CW9 front sight is plastic, staked in place.

They can be finicky for the first 100 rounds or so, with failures to extract or go completely into battery.

To chamber a round, it's best to have the slide locked to the rear, insert mag, and release the slide. If you only rack the slide, it probably won't go into battery.

The barrel has standard rifling instead of polygonal rifling like the non CW guns. It's not as accurate as the more expensive models.

That's about as bad as it gets. Here's the upside:

Sights: I believe Ol yeller can mill a dovetail and install regular or night sights.

Break-in: Once you suffer through the initial 100 rounds or so, it's very reliable (Kahr recommends 200 round break-in for all their guns).

Accuracy: The higher end Kahrs are ridiculously accurate, so the CW not being as accurate means little. It's an accurate gun.

Bottom line is that you can't go wrong with Kahr's "entry level" gun. Although I sold mine (to buy the wife the USP Compact she wanted), I have 3 - a K9, PM9, and P380. They're great guns and are addicting!

guns_not_groceries

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been very happy with mine...so much so that I will probably buy another kahr in the future. Trigger is really long, but extremely smooth. It is very compact and comfortable to shoot, even with +p ammo. I've had no malfunctions of any kind, but i'm only I'm sitting at only 100 rounds down the pipe.