Kayak ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never fished from a kayak, but have used sea kayaks while on vacations. I will say some are comfortable, and some just made my back hurt after a short period of time.
We have a man and woman that use them fishing On Kaw lake. They launch at sarge ramp, and paddle to washunga bridge. Over three miles of open water in high waves at times.

Caseman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to hyjacik a thread but House Bill 3093 will do away with the annual registration fees on kayaks and canoes. You would pay sales tax instead of excise tax.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and interesting stories. I thinking about buying the perception 12' from Academy. Although I went to Academy for info on them and no one working had ever been in a kayak.

Its a pretty decent boat, depending on your weight it could have a wet seat.. it is for me when I'm in it, but my 160lb buddy doesnt have that problem.
but you can plug the scupper holes with yellow foam golf balls to keep the water from coming up through the scuppers under the seat and getting your seat wet.

It tracks really good and is pretty fast. Great boat for the price!
gkasper.smugmug.com_photos_i_t7rpZ3P_0_L_i_t7rpZ3P_L.jpg

Explorin..
gkasper.smugmug.com_photos_i_FDhKD95_0_L_i_FDhKD95_L.jpg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend sent this to me a while back -------

The photo was taken at the entrance to Katlian Bay at the end of the road in Sitka, Alaska ....

The whale is coming up to scoop up a mouthful of herring......... (the small fish seen at the surface around the kayak). The kayaker is a local Sitka Dentist..

He apparently didn't sustain any injuries from the terrifying experience. The whale was just around the corner from the ferry terminal, and all the kayaker could think at that moment in time was: "Paddle Man - really fast!"

The whale's mouth is fully open with the bottom half under the boat. If the whale had closed his mouth before he furiously paddled away - He might have been LUNCH !!!

He is in the whale’s MOUTH!

View attachment 19803

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a pretty decent boat, depending on your weight it could have a wet seat.. it is for me when I'm in it, but my 160lb buddy doesnt have that problem.
but you can plug the scupper holes with yellow foam golf balls to keep the water from coming up through the scuppers under the seat and getting your seat wet.

It tracks really good and is pretty fast. Great boat for the price!
gkasper.smugmug.com_photos_i_t7rpZ3P_0_L_i_t7rpZ3P_L.jpg

Explorin..
gkasper.smugmug.com_photos_i_FDhKD95_0_L_i_FDhKD95_L.jpg

Where was the bottom pic taken?

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Snopes says that the whale/dentist thing is photoshopped, and they provide a long story explaining how and who did it.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/whalekayak.asp

Good photo, though.
I thought surprising someone could get a shot like that, but I thought it was interesting just for fun.

I have never tried a kayak, but you you guys make it look interesting. How well do they do when you get a catfish or larger sandbass as far as stability, and where do you put it after you catch them? I presume the cooler is for the beer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom