"Khyber pass" Counterfeit bakelite ak mags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redriverboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple years ago I traded some rare drums for these and a few others from what I gathered they're Pakistani counterfeits they're basic Bakelite color with a Izmash symbol on one side and the number 58 on the other side and have brass locking lugs I'm getting ready to sell them but cannot find a ballpark value on them what do y'all think??

Sorry bout punctuation and bad pics im image.jpgon my phone

image.jpg

image.jpg

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't get a regular Russian Bakelite for $20. It's value is based on its rarity. I couldn't give an accurate value but I have seen them close to a bill. Might have been more

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rare doesn't always equal valuable...Lacking any provenance that they are legit Khyber knockoffs...they are just AK mags. Even if it could be proved they were Paki products, it still doesn't equal value.

I've seen a bunch of Khyber stuff first hand, including some really neat knockoffs of old British weapons. Interesting as they were, they were just novelties, nothing I would pay a premium for.

All that being said, there's a market, and a sucker, for everything. They're probably worth something to someone LOL.

okla1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Checkout the market place on the AKFILES - these come up a few times a month. I think the $50+ range to the right collector. But don't quote me on that!

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rare doesn't always equal valuable...Lacking any provenance that they are legit Khyber knockoffs...they are just AK mags. Even if it could be proved they were Paki products, it still doesn't equal value.

I've seen a bunch of Khyber stuff first hand, including some really neat knockoffs of old British weapons. Interesting as they were, they were just novelties, nothing I would pay a premium for.

All that being said, there's a market, and a sucker, for everything. They're probably worth something to someone LOL.

You are right. There are suckers and a market. The price is all over the place with these Paki mags. I've seen some as low as 45 to some as high as 200 +. Myself, I couldn't let go of the clams for one. But you have to admit for guys in dirt shacks they make some dam good knock offs. Better than China. I don't think there isn't one dam gun they havent cloned. What gets me is the for knock offs they clone the fake original stamping decently

Latest posts

Top Bottom