Last night was the worst newyear's ever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

six shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well last night me and my wife and to boys was sitting around watching movies having a great family night and at 11:00 or so my wife gets a call saying her best friend just shot and killed herself . She has not talked to her in awhile because she had been hooked on pain pain pills real bad .Now she is in guilt saying that if she would have talked to her instead of ignoring her.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can relate to this. A buddy of mine killed himself my freshman year of college. He had called a couple times earlier in the week, but I has to busy to hang out. I felt very guilty, but the past is the past and you cant change anything about it. Tell your wife to hold her head high and not to be hard on herself. Suicide is a selfish act and the only one who decides on who does it is the one who commits it.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Suicide causes ripples that last for a long time.

One must accept that the act ultimately belongs to the dead one, and that no one else has the ability to stop it. This acceptance is much easier to get into the head than into the heart.

Encourage your wife to talk with someone who has some professional standing if she isn't able to shake this off after a while, and tell her it's really okay to be very angry at the one who is now dead. It's quite normal, but seems to surprise those who haven't been through it. CB

six shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we found out i called her some names that i should not have because i was so mad at her for doing that to her kids. I just do not see what could drive a person to do that if they would just stop and think before they act it is so selfish

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, man, what a bummer. As everyone else has said, there is nothing your wife could have done. Suicide is, indeed, a very selfish act. It is a permanent remedy to temporary problems. I have always believed there is a fundamental flaw, an underlying difference, in the thought processes of those who will carry through with this act. Be there for your wife and kids and let her know she is in all of our prayers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom