Lawn sprinkler installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody on here install lawn irrigation systems, or have someone they recommend? I've got a little over an acre and with this heat dragging a sprinkler around trying to keep it alive is tough sledding.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ummm…. You should just let it go dormant.

I say this with a bit of experience and not to be flippant. I spent 3 years out of HS maintaining and operating a large irrigation system for a large psychiatric hospital in Tulsa that is next door to a pink palace.

Even with irrigation in this heat, your grass will turn brown as it goes dormant due to the high daily temperatures. Trees will also drop leaves. It’s perfectly normal and okay. They will survive. Just stay inside, drink a cool beverage, and don’t waste your money or water.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t been impressed with their service. I see them once a week at the office complex where I work. I’ve also spoken to one of the supervisors and most of the workers are here on visas.

We’ve been very happy with their service and responsiveness at our house. You are correct in that this time of year a lot of workers are the H2B visas. Most of the Caucasian folks last a day or two at most, if they even show up to work. The amount of time it takes to even be able to apply for H2B (job opening length) is ridiculous. They have several crews that are year round, and they do everything they can to keep all permanent employees going year round, unlike other lawn companies who only work the busy season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom