Lazer etching or engraving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I probably should have said damn cheap. $20 for both on the day before Thanksgiving. I dropped them off at 1:30pm and she called that they were ready around 4:30pm. Initially said that she couldn't do any "rush" work because she already had taken a few jobs in that morning that needed to be finished that day. I told her that I was willing to pay extra extra if she could get to them that day but could wait until the next Monday if she couldn't get to them. Her original quote was $15 per item. I was pleased, to say the least.

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I probably should have said damn cheap. $20 for both on the day before Thanksgiving. I dropped them off at 1:30pm and she called that they were ready around 4:30pm. Initially said that she couldn't do any "rush" work because she already had taken a few jobs in that morning that needed to be finished that day. I told her that I was willing to pay extra extra if she could get to them that day but could wait until the next Monday if she couldn't get to them. Her original quote was $15 per item. I was pleased, to say the least.

Thats very damn reasonable! Do you have any pics?

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PM me your email and I will see if I can get a clear shot. I chose to engrave the barrels instead of the lower receiver with my trust name and city/state. It is easily readable thought the handguards but may turnout to be a b*tch to photograph.

aussieblake

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work for a company who factory is out of state that builds equipment entirely out of stainless steel. Last month while out the factory they showed me the new laser etcher, it was so cool it can actually do colors with the laser. The first thing that popped in my mind was to have a lower etched. I was talking to the programmer that runs the machine his father is a gunsmith in another state and he was on board and then it dawned on me, the factory is in CA so getting serial numbered gun parts into the state would next to impossible, or atleast more than I wanted to deal with. The company also has a CNC laser cutter for cutting all the metal, the mythbusters lab is about a mile away so when the need precision cuts in metal the Mythbusters brings it to the factory.

I will say the color etching into stainless was a new concept to me but was very cool.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are in Texas but I use Ident Marking Services, takes a couple weeks turn around and they do really nice work. Here is a pick of one job,
trust_640x480px_zpsa374b4f9.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom