Lead Slingers Bourbon from Moore, OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last night, I bought a bottle of Lead Slingers bourbon that is labeled as made in Moore, OK. Anyone else know of it? Label says it is owned by former Rangers, Green Berets, Air Force Para-rescue, etc. Also makes a pro 2nd Amendment statement on the label. Founded in 2013, so it's likely not aged 5-7 yrs. I would call it a "Sweet" bourbon, but it was at least "OK". I thought it was worth the try. Anyone else tried it and have an opinion? I know my palate is not as sophisticated as many of yours are.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are tied up with Mat Best and Black Rifle Coffee Company. All three kinda work together.

Honestly, all adult beverages taste the same to me. . .all I can taste is the alcohol. But we've got several bottles of the stuff just to support an Oklahoma company. I can say their Napalm mixed with Pepsi is pretty good. But again, don't trust me because my taste buds are totally screwed when it comes to alcohol.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have not tried it, but lots of people seem to like it.

Did not know it was 'made' in Moore. Could be. There is a huge distillery that makes batches from recipes and private labels them from local places. Seems like lots of the new 'Texas' whiskies are like that.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are tied up with Mat Best and Black Rifle Coffee Company. All three kinda work together.

Honestly, all adult beverages taste the same to me. . .all I can taste is the alcohol. But we've got several bottles of the stuff just to support an Oklahoma company. I can say their Napalm mixed with Pepsi is pretty good. But again, don't trust me because my taste buds are totally screwed when it comes to alcohol.

Reason enough to try it right there. LOL

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it said "made", but it might just say "bottled". I'm not sure now.

My local store had it a few dollars higher than JD, but not bad. I doubt it would become my regular, but worth having a bottle around.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it said "made", but it might just say "bottled". I'm not sure now.

My local store had it a few dollars higher than JD, but not bad. I doubt it would become my regular, but worth having a bottle around.

Taken from the web:

"Leadslingers Whiskey, a veteran-owned, American-made whiskey proudly distilled and crafted in Moore, Oklahoma USA"

I will check it out,thanks for posting this.Also, have a facebook page.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, drank one bottle and got another set back. I think it's Scissortail Distillery in Moore, I think it's near where Bryan Harley Davidson used to be. Taste similar to Crown to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom