Lead Slingers Bourbon from Moore, OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, mixed message. The leadslingers name is veteran owned, by Matt Best's crew, but as mentioned they pay a distillery to make the booze.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have not tried it, but lots of people seem to like it.

Did not know it was 'made' in Moore. Could be. There is a huge distillery that makes batches from recipes and private labels them from local places. Seems like lots of the new 'Texas' whiskies are like that.

Head country BBQ here in Ponca bottles whatever anybody wants them to mix and bottle. Pretty common throughout the industry. They have a dozen different labels going out their door.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are (or were) two distilleries in Moore. Twister was the first and was owned by one of the Jankos. I believe it only made vodka, or at least primarily. Janko sold it a couple years ago with the vodka line but opened another distillery in the same industrial complex to make other products. I think rum and bourbon whisky. It is the one called Sissortail. The new Twister owner brought in someone connected with the Tito vodka brand out of Texas. They had an explosion and flash fire there shortly after taking over. I haven't heard much about it since.

Last edited:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't drink but has anyone ever tried Tim smiths moonshine from moonshiners? I just wondered what it tastes like compared to regular whiskey. I used to drink but don't anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom