Least favorite Olympic Winter Sport

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Least favorite Winter Olympic Sport

• Curling

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Cross Country Skiing

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Bobsled

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Biathalon

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Nordic Combined

• Alpine Skiing

• Speed Skating

• Figure Skating

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Snow Boarding

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Ice Hockey

• Total voters

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curling is brutally boring. Do you even have to be in shape for this sport? I mean, can't you get 3 fat, 45 year olds to do this??

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There needs to something different each night of the week at prime time. Too many events from the X Games have invaded the Winter Olympics IMO.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There needs to something different each night of the week at prime time. Too many events from the X Games have invaded the Winter Olympics IMO.

They feature events the USA has a passing chance to medal in. Curling doesn't get primetime. Why? Cause the Mericans suck at it.
Male ice dancing? Ding ding ding! Have three hours full.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They feature events the USA has a passing chance to medal in. Curling doesn't get primetime. Why? Cause the Mericans suck at it.
Male ice dancing? Ding ding ding! Have three hours full.

If a group of stoners can do good at it, American's have a chance...hence the x-game style events.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For two weeks every four years I let my wife control the tv and I must admit, my hatred of figure skating can only be topped by my hatred of Obama.

my two daughters just loooove figure skating, last night we got to watch 'ice dancing' while I respect their athletic skills, It doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out any less.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bobsled, Skeleton and Luge are my favorite events to watch, I have issues with freestyle skiing/snowboarding, moguls skiing and half pipe snow boarding since they rely so much on a judging for subjective scoring rather than objective performance. Snowboard cross however is an event I think is olympic worthy, no style points just the first one there. As much as I like ski jumping it also bothers me that there is subjective judging for technique and style. Biathlon is pretty amazing and as boring as cross country is to watch it's amazing how hard they drive themselves. But I truly detest figure skating and ice dancing as a sport, I really enjoy watching good skaters perform in shows but as a medal sport I think it's asinine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom