Let’s talk Marinades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys have any secret recipes?

IMG_4023.jpeg

IMG_3999.jpeg

TwoShoots

Marksman
Reaction score
All mine is store bought, but I can't find anything that's as good. I soak it for 1 hour in Moores original marinade then top with Montreal Grill Mates. It's the best steak I've ever had. I don't eat out anymore. Can't find anywhere that's good and I've tried almost everywhere.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not technically a marinade, rather a brine. I have a recipe for an apple juice brine that I soak my pork butts in. When it comes out of the brine, I inject it with straight apple juice then use an apple wood rub on it. You don’t taste the apple much until you dab just a little bbq sauce on it, then BAM. Sweet apple flavor. I don’t do my pork but any other way.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We really like Daddy Hinkles store bought stuff. Great flavor on the grill, but not so good on the flat top Blackstone. Wet steaks on the flat top tend to steam with marinades if put on wet. Won't put on that great sear we all like.
Smoking Brisket, I like equal amounts of Soy, Teriyaki, and a little Worcestershire, along with onions, garlic and black pepper.

Broncos

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This works great as a marinade Use quality bourbon for best flavor I add about 1/2 teaspoon of ground red pepper for a little bite sometimes

Attachments

• IMG_0591.jpeg
    IMG_0591.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Canola oil
Fresh parsley/thyme/cilantro/oregano
Handful of garlic cloves

Put all of that in a blender and blast the piss out of it. I use it on beef (skirt steak in particular), chicken, pork chops/roasts, shrimp, lamb (grilled a couple of lamb racks last night in fact), roasted potatoes, asparagus, grilled/roasted mushrooms, roasted carrots. I make about a quart at a time and keep it in the fridge.

ETA: Prime rib too!

5mhNrLv.jpg

Last edited:

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
La Lechonera mojo, you can get it at Supermercado Morelos. Goya's mojo is pretty good as well and easier to find. Marinate your whole hogs, pork butts and whole chickens (or quarters or whatever) in this with beer, orange, lemon, and lime juices for a 2-3 days then smoke or roast.

KHLV00062275-0.jpg

I smoked these for like 14 hours.

FC9eGy3.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom