Lets fantasize.... What if?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phildo64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have gone active duty instead of starting out in the National Guard where now it's like getting congress to realize how stupid their anti-gun leg. is to go active duty.

Tell them your moving to another state, they'll give you a conditional release and then run on over to the AD recruiter. One of my really good friends did it. PM me if you need any help.

jhunt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell them your moving to another state, they'll give you a conditional release and then run on over to the AD recruiter. One of my really good friends did it. PM me if you need any help.

That's what I did from the Army Guard to the Air Force Reserves when I moved down here to Oklahoma in '11 from the communist dictatorship of Illinois. The biggest problem with going active duty now is the Air Force is only taking 250 applicants this fiscal year for prior service. Loved my time in the Army but found my true calling as a CATM Instructor (military wise) and love it. Working on applications for AGR positions to basically be active duty but still in the reserves now.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think I would change a thing.
I have always had a job that I liked, A woman that I Love, Children that love me, and now I get to work on guns for the rest of my life.

To start off I went to college and partied for all 4 years, but did get a teaching degree.
Never taught though...I got a job restoring / conservatory work on Antiques right out of college. (15 years)
Came to Tulsa and put together a finish department that did stain / varnish and paint work for Neman Marcus store fixtures. (8 years)
Started my own moble car paint repair business. (18 years)
Became a gunsmith and play with guns ( still doing it.)

I have traveled the US and have no desire to leave the country.
Got my pilots license while in college but now only travel by commercial planes.
have had every hobby in the world including beekeeping which is how I got the name Honeybee.
love to buy at garage/estate sales and sell on craigslist and eBay.
built my first computer at age 40 and had no idea of what to do with it.
published a book at age 45.
This list is too long and would need a book of it's own to list everything.

My best advice is to enjoy what you do and do what you enjoy and never stop learning or your grandkids will be your teachers.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First half of my life was pretty exciting, probably wouldn't change much there.
This half I might have only moved to a warmer climate before starting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom