Let's hear your reports from the Wanenmacher’s Tulsa Arms Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was pretty obvious to me that many, MANY folks there were banking on Hillary winning. There were more AR's, AR parts and uppers than I've seen in the last 10 years. And thing is, they weren't moving them yesterday. As a matter of fact, I witnessed the prices declining as the show progressed through the day. Even the prices of reloading supplies were dropping. Winchester LRM primers started in the mid to upper $30's, but in the last 3 hours, I was seeing 1000 count boxes marked at $28 plus a 10% discount.

Funniest thing was that the only thing those guys that built AR's for the purpose of gauging at this gun show got out of bringing their guns was the exercise they got from carrying them around all day, then lugging them back home.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised they even brought them. Did anyone have price tags on the ones they were carrying around? Just curious what they were asking.

I saw a few with price tags as they got in the door. High, of course. Once they got in and saw the market prices and supply volume, I noticed a couple guys removing their price sticks from their barrels. Saw some making some trade deals but didn't witness many cash deals happening with individuals.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a great show. I done pretty well, both buying and selling. No complaints from me. I thought Trump's winning would have had a pretty negative effect on the market, but that didn't really seem to be the case.

I did feel sorry for the AR folks, nobody seemed to be moving those at all. People were already prepared for the AR panic, which didn't happen. AK's were a different story. I picked up one of my "dream" AK's for a good price. I heard tale of another fellow picking up an Arsenal SLR-107FR for $650, with optics.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a great show. I done pretty well, both buying and selling. No complaints from me. I thought Trump's winning would have had a pretty negative effect on the market, but that didn't really seem to be the case.

I did feel sorry for the AR folks, nobody seemed to be moving those at all. People were already prepared for the AR panic, which didn't happen. AK's were a different story. I picked up one of my "dream" AK's for a good price. I heard tale of another fellow picking up an Arsenal SLR-107FR for $650, with optics.

Holy crap! The few 107FRs I saw were in the $1200 range. Saw some REAL nice preban Chinese AKs, but the prices were too rich for me. Picked up another non-refurb Russian SKS, a couple of Romanian SKS mag pouches, and a tin of Bulgy 7.62x54 for $90. Almost bought a couple of others, but decided to quit while I was behind.

Neanderthal

Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy crap! The few 107FRs I saw were in the $1200 range. Saw some REAL nice preban Chinese AKs, but the prices were too rich for me. Picked up another non-refurb Russian SKS, a couple of Romanian SKS mag pouches, and a tin of Bulgy 7.62x54 for $90. Almost bought a couple of others, but decided to quit while I was behind.

Yeah, I wish I had got to the person selling the 107 before the other guy did. I was looking for some 7.62x54 ammo, but didn't get a chance to pick any of it up. You done great @ $90.

I picked up a "unicorn" at the show though. I got an Arsenal SA M-7 Classic (better than the current SAM7 that they're putting out) milled AK. It's the first year they made them and this one is serial number #541, in great condition! It made the show for me.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good get on that SAM-7 Classic. Saw a few Arsenals, some very nice Chicoms (a friend picked up the one I wanted - a very early fixed-stock all bakelite furniture preban. Was early enough that it was only marked "56" and the serial number, and not "56S". Very discreet import marks, and the "C/S" safety markings. He said if he goes to sell it I'm first in line, but damn I don't want to pay for it......) I'm sure you saw the table full of pre-bans? I think he had a good 4 or 5 Legends. He was also higher than a cat's back. Also saw at least one Dragunov Tigr. Too rich for me, but cool.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got there at 10:30 sunday morning.Bought some holsters from texas finest gunleather.Bought a nice belt and Leather fat man suspenders from tucker & byrd.All were very well made.Bought some knives from sooner state knives.Took a friend who had never been and he loved it.Very little sleep the last 2 nights so this may have been my last show.

Neanderthal

Special Hen
Reaction score
Good get on that SAM-7 Classic. Saw a few Arsenals, some very nice Chicoms (a friend picked up the one I wanted - a very early fixed-stock all bakelite furniture preban. Was early enough that it was only marked "56" and the serial number, and not "56S". Very discreet import marks, and the "C/S" safety markings. He said if he goes to sell it I'm first in line, but damn I don't want to pay for it......) I'm sure you saw the table full of pre-bans? I think he had a good 4 or 5 Legends. He was also higher than a cat's back. Also saw at least one Dragunov Tigr. Too rich for me, but cool.
Nope, I missed those. I wasn't able to walk the show much though (torn meniscus). I went to the bottom and it seemed that's where most of the AK tables were. I found ZMAN with the ungodly pile of mags (I got a waffle and bake from him), and desert fox, but I couldn't find Legion's table. I didn't see APEX set up there this year either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom