Let's say thank you to Academy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think in troubled times like these we should reach out to the national retailers who have continuously supported the firearms community.

Sure the big box stores have a few dummies behind the counter from time to time, but at the end of the day at a corporate level there haven't been many big box vendors who haven't changed their practices with their consumers.

Academy's Contact Us http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContactUs_10151_10051_-1

Bass Pro's Contact Us

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPageC?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&pageID=5046

Also, I'd like to be clear that I'm thankful and support of local gun shops as well, but the big box companies are an important part of the economic landscape, especially in ammunition. They are the only entities that guarantee orders in the millions of rounds at the national level, which gives the confidence to manufacturers to keep certain ammo product at high levels. They also play a key role in helping establish the "baseline" for ammo costs. Walmart WAS the de facto leader in establishing the lowest baseline. Their ability to continuously sell ammo at low prices based on their volume discounts, helped keep some sanity in the marketplace, because you always knew what ammo SHOULD cost.

Honestly, that mantel now falls solely on Academy in opinion. Bass Pro has never had favorable pricing, so while I think we should thank them for continuing to take care of their customers, I don't thik they are that important of a player in the economic landscape as Academy, who is now the default low cost, high volume company in the marketplace.

Whether you entirely agree with my summary of the situation or not, you should still spend time making sure national chains like Academy know that we appreciate them, as well as making sure places like Dick's and Walmart knows they lost a lot of consumers.

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good point. We are quick to criticize and condemn businesses, and I'm one of the quickest. We should be as quick to praise what we view as positive business models.

SDS

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would also like to thank Midway USA who did not gouge and is making every effort to get people their stuff. I received this e-mail from them. I sanitized it a bit but you get the idea:

"We have been holding some products for you, waiting for other items to arrive so
we could ship your order complete. However, we believe an Executive Order could
be released any day prohibiting the sale of certain products such as
**** and **** parts and accessories. Therefore we have done
a partial release of your backorders to ensure that any of these items and other
items we had in inventory waiting to ship complete are all on their way, in case
such an Order is forthcoming. You will receive a shipping notification shortly.
Other items on backorder, that we have not yet received, are not affected by
this partial release.

We appreciate your understanding and your business. We always put Customer
Satisfaction first and believe this action is in the very best interest of our
Customers.

Sincerely,

MidwayUSA Customer Service"

racing1g

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would also like to thank Midway USA who did not gouge and is making every effort to get people their stuff. I received this e-mail from them. I sanitized it a bit but you get the idea:

"We have been holding some products for you, waiting for other items to arrive so
we could ship your order complete. However, we believe an Executive Order could
be released any day prohibiting the sale of certain products such as
**** and **** parts and accessories. Therefore we have done
a partial release of your backorders to ensure that any of these items and other
items we had in inventory waiting to ship complete are all on their way, in case
such an Order is forthcoming. You will receive a shipping notification shortly.
Other items on backorder, that we have not yet received, are not affected by
this partial release.

We appreciate your understanding and your business. We always put Customer
Satisfaction first and believe this action is in the very best interest of our
Customers.

Sincerely,

MidwayUSA Customer Service"

That right there is awesome customer service.

Latest posts

Top Bottom