Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but are guys running short barrels with suppressors worried about the drop in projectile velocity due to the shorter barrels?

Not really. You can still get hits out to 300 with them, so long as you know your drops. Max fragmentation range is down under a hundred, but most guys aren't shooting them past that anyway.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DSCF2917-1559977918.jpg

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but are guys running short barrels with suppressors worried about the drop in projectile velocity due to the shorter barrels?

I do. Not necessairly anything to do with supressors, but I do think about it personally. I love the look of all the short barrels, but theres still something to be said for a 20" barrel. It is pretty well documented how much velocity is lost with the short barrels . Depends on what you are doing with the rifle really.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on what you are doing with the rifle really.

This. SBR's look good, but they definitely have their role. In a house, in a vehicle, really any tight space where maneuverability is an issue. I won't be shooting coyotes at 500 yards with one, but I wouldn't hesitate to shoot one within 200. Although an 18" is better suited for hunting. If one gun could do it all, that wouldn't be any fun.

[Broken External Image]

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
This. SBR's look good, but they definitely have their role. In a house, in a vehicle, really any tight space where maneuverability is an issue. I won't be shooting coyotes at 500 yards with one, but I wouldn't hesitate to shoot one within 200. Although an 18" is better suited for hunting. If one gun could do it all, that wouldn't be any fun.

[Broken External Image]

Amen to that!

What, no TRX love for the Nordic .22?

Latest posts

Top Bottom