LI River today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Witnessed something very cool today. As I was fishing today this mayfly was fluttering around about 15" above the water. He stayed in one spot almost too long when a rainbow trout shot straight up out of the water only missing him by a couple of inches. I thought that was completely awesome and then proceeded hunting for trout.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We drive to Gore and then up to the dam. There are 2 different parking areas. We tend to fish closer to the dam. Be sure to check the release times. We've not had much luck while they're releasing water. There's also Marvel but you have to pay a day use fee if you're not staying overnight. And there is Gore Landing, but I've not fished there yet...that's good boat access if you have such luxuries. Good luck. Again we're rod and reeler...so power bait and fake worms have worked great for us...<disclaimer> Your results may vary <end disclaimer>

Thanks. Looks like we'll be making a trek down to poke around shortly. I appreciate it.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to fish again with my daughter today. It was her 3rd time with the fly rod. Lots of rising for most of the day while we were there. Mainly midge activity but for awhile there was some mayflies emerging, saw several pop up and get taken shortly after that. Picked a half emerged may fly out of the water and set it on a rock and watched him emerge from his old skin. I wish I was smart enough to identify what mayfly it was but I'm guessing March brown mayfly for now. Most fish were taken on midge type flies in a few different colors and pheasant tail nymphs in a couple of different sizes. Good day today.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to have to find out when your going over there by covert means or something, and see how your doing that. Attach a super secret tracker that only I have at my disposal or something....

Latest posts

Top Bottom