Local Custom Ammo Loader

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a reputable source of custom ammunition in Oklahoma? I recently acquired a S&W model 57 and the only factory loads for it are horrendously expensive. I have a large quantity of brand-new Star-line brass that I can furnish to someone (licensed and insured) who will load it up for me.

Is there any such?

Thanks for any help.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck. There are lots of reloaders on this board, but I doubt any are licensed or insured. Most shooters won't touch someone else's reloads.

I love the 57 and the .41 mag, but given the choice I would have probably gone with the .44 mag due to cost and availability of the ammo.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck. There are lots of reloaders on this board, but I doubt any are licensed or insured. Most shooters won't touch someone else's reloads.

I love the 57 and the .41 mag, but given the choice I would have probably gone with the .44 mag due to cost and availability of the ammo.

I already have more than a few 44's, and this 8 3/8" model 57 came up on one of the Kansas websites and needed a good home. I needed it like I needed a hole in the head, but I got it anyway. I guess I've always been a sucker for the N-frame.:igetit:

Last edited:

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know of at least one member who loads the 41.
But I doubt he'd want to take the risk of reloading for someone else.
Good luck there should be some company out there who will.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know of at least one member who loads the 41.
But I doubt he'd want to take the risk of reloading for someone else.
Good luck there should be some company out there who will.
JDOutfitters will do it. I'm making the arrangements with them right now. Thanks to Dieseltech and everyone else for the tips. If anyone can help, the good folks at OSA can!!

As soon as I get the ammo, I'll do a range report on the Model 57.

Latest posts

Top Bottom