Looking for a place to hunt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowhunter34

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that was looking for a hunting partner? I am new to the Tulsa area, so I havn't found a place to hunt yet. I'm a responsible person, and I would be willing to help out all I could with the hunting property. I have a couple Trail cams, and a Feeder. I know there is a lot of public hunting area's around Tulsa, but I just dont trust the other people out there that are hunting the same area. If you have a place that you would let someone hunt or would like someone to hunt with send me a message. Thanks.

hunterman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I agree with eddymonster. If i were you just get your bow and your climbing tree stand and get to scouting on that public. I would just be carfule around gun season.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know there is a lot of public hunting area's around Tulsa, but I just dont trust the other people out there that are hunting the same area.

I don't understand why I see comments like this so often. I've hunted public land almost exclusively, in several states, and have never seen a situation that made me nervous about being there.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with 264 My son & I pretty much hunt public unless we get an invite to go out with someone. It does not happen often buy we are very much appreciative of the offer when we get one. I really don'y hunt that much I take my youngster & make sure he is set up 1st in what we find. I do carry a hunting item but that's mostly for show its all about the kids.

voodoobass

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree with the above post. I've always bowhunted public land here in Okla and had very few problems. You might occasionally get someone crowding "your spot", but past that, no real worries. Gun season can be a bit different I know,.....the few times I've gun hunted deer on public, you would have thought someone released a platoon of orange clad stomp monsters in your exact spot. Spend some time scouting for good bow hunting spots on the ton of public land we have here, there's lot's of good opportunities.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only bad things i've ever encountered hunting public land was a group of ATV/UTV riders that weren't even allowed to be there. Dad had one of them damn near ride right up to his stand.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The real problem with public is, you can't leave a camera out, can't leave your stand out, generally can't have ATVs there,(makes those spots way back in there more huntable and recovery much simpler)

Latest posts

Top Bottom