Looking for some Bourbon....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know their are a few Bourbon drinkers here on this page, so I thought I would ask. Dose anyone know where I can find a bottle of ORPV? I got to try some Pappy Van Winkle not to long ago and now I can not find it anywhere... I know that they do not make mush of it.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A year ago I offered $600 to a guy with a 15 year old bottle of Pappy. He laughed at me. I don't think its worth any where near that. But people will pay more and I wanted some for the cabinet. If you want something excellent AND actually affordable, go buy a bottle of Breckenridge Bourbon and enjoy. It will fool you for its age. Eagle Rare 10 year is another good choice.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is going to sound odd but go find some Wellers 12 year, it has black labels. NOT the green label or red label, must be black label and it says 12 year. This stuff is not expensive and is actually pretty close to Pappy 15 year. I have read there is a mix of Weller 12 and Weller 107 (red label) that is a match for Pappy 15 year but the 12 year is excellent on its own. I don't find it often in the OKC area but there are a few stores that carry it. The store just north of 29th street in on Midwest Blvd in MWC carries it. Definitely worth trying.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pappy (any of them) is almost unobtainable at this point. Very small batches and highly sought after at a time where Bourbon is very popular. It only comes out once or twice a year and there hasn't been a bottle distributed to Oklahoma in forever. Forget looking for it around here, look at TN or KY, maybe LA

Latest posts

Top Bottom