Looks like another execution to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone shows up at my door CLAIMING to be police when I'm not expecting police. Purposefully stepping out of the sight of the peephole. Yeah, I'm likely to have a gun in hand too. We are in a country where we are guaranteed the right to bear arms.

Dude had it pointed down, finger off trigger. No threat.

I forgot that the 2A says that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed unless a LEO feels scared.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is already settled caselaw, the mere presence of a gun is not justification for the use of lethal force.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireS...deadly-force-fatal-shooting-florida-110137002

Again, this case reinforces the concept that just because law enforcement knocks and demands you open your door, does NOT mean you should.

If you didn’t call them, DON’T answer! I’d go so far as to say that calling the cops to your position is like calling for an artillery fire-mission on your position. Unless you’re being overrun by enemy forces, you’re just increasing the risk to yourself. Be your own cavalry!

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I saw this one. Sad deal… that officers actions seemed unjustified. Why step away from the peep hole? Is that standard LEO practice?

It’s a tough call because the officer did see a gun.

I’ve answered my door to unknown knockers before and I usually try to have my pistol out of sight. Like with my hand on it in a pocket. Or just holstered with my draw hand staged for quick action.

The way the dude just casually opened the door holding the gun is a little bit dumb. He wasn’t fully grasping the severity of his situation

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An execution. Right. This is the kind of bulls**t hyperbole that indicates the poster is incredibly stupid or just looking to start a fight. And I don't think he's stupid.

And before all you cop haters get flamed, I'm not defending the officer's actions. From ONLY the video, it looks like the officer overreacted and unjustly shot the young man. But an execution it was not.

Not standing in front of a door is standard practice in LE. People sometimes shoot thru doors and walls and windows. This is taught early in an officer's training. Not to mention the deputy did stand in front of the door several times, including for several seconds just prior to the young man opening the door. He also clearly announced his presence several times. I know, I know...people sometimes lie about who they are. But, initially it was reported the officer didn't announce himself...he just knocked. We now know that's not true.

Furthermore, to say someone isn't a threat when they're holding a gun with it pointed down is just ridiculous. People can be a threat for various reasons, armed or not. Not recognizing that makes me question if you're actually living in the real world or a make-believe world. A person holding a firearm at their side can present that gun and fire before the other person even clears the holster. And again...for everyone who can't think objectively, I'm not saying this is the case with this victim. I'm just stating the obvious.

I do believe this young man exercised poor judgment in answering the door with the gun. Maybe there was a reason for it...I don't know. We also don't know yet what was going thru the officer's mind or what he was actually told about the situation while enroute. Knowing his state of mind at the time would be important. We're there any previous calls to that address? We're there any flags indicating someone there has been contacted before and was hostile towards law enforcement? What was the information passed to dispatch and did they pass that to the officer? There are a million questions that need to be answered.

I get it, though... Being objective and suggesting that we wait for all the details to come out is crazy talk and it's just asking too damn much for some of you. Plus it takes all the fun away from bashing on the police. Why wait for facts when we can pretend we know what we're talking about. And we wonder why our country is in such a sad state. F'n people...that's why.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, "you know who" is there comforting the grieving mother. He's ALWAYS there. It'll be alright.

/sarcasm

Momma just hit the multi-million dollar lotto.

Sad deal. Officer could have drawn without firing. I often answer the door with a pistol behind my leg when I’m not expecting someone. Hope I don’t get killed by a trigger jumpy deputy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom