Looks like another execution to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bang on someone's door like that, expect for the owner to be armed. I've been accused of knocking the door like the police. And yes, people have been armed accepting a delivery

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it against the law to open ones own door armed? Police have zero authority over anyone unless they have been detained or have broken the law period. Sounds like they were at the wrong house and shot a guy dead in his home for exercising his right to be prepared to defend himself. If the court finds that the home owner broke no law I would guess the charge would fall on the officer that pulled the trigger. He should be treated as if the shooting was reversed. No better no worse.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An execution. Right. This is the kind of bulls**t hyperbole that indicates the poster is incredibly stupid or just looking to start a fight. And I don't think he's stupid.

And before all you cop haters get flamed, I'm not defending the officer's actions. From ONLY the video, it looks like the officer overreacted and unjustly shot the young man. But an execution it was not.

Not standing in front of a door is standard practice in LE. People sometimes shoot thru doors and walls and windows. This is taught early in an officer's training. Not to mention the deputy did stand in front of the door several times, including for several seconds just prior to the young man opening the door. He also clearly announced his presence several times. I know, I know...people sometimes lie about who they are. But, initially it was reported the officer didn't announce himself...he just knocked. We now know that's not true.

Furthermore, to say someone isn't a threat when they're holding a gun with it pointed down is just ridiculous. People can be a threat for various reasons, armed or not. Not recognizing that makes me question if you're actually living in the real world or a make-believe world. A person holding a firearm at their side can present that gun and fire before the other person even clears the holster. And again...for everyone who can't think objectively, I'm not saying this is the case with this victim. I'm just stating the obvious.

I do believe this young man exercised poor judgment in answering the door with the gun. Maybe there was a reason for it...I don't know. We also don't know yet what was going thru the officer's mind or what he was actually told about the situation while enroute. Knowing his state of mind at the time would be important. We're there any previous calls to that address? We're there any flags indicating someone there has been contacted before and was hostile towards law enforcement? What was the information passed to dispatch and did they pass that to the officer? There are a million questions that need to be answered.

I get it, though... Being objective and suggesting that we wait for all the details to come out is crazy talk and it's just asking too damn much for some of you. Plus it takes all the fun away from bashing on the police. Why wait for facts when we can pretend we know what we're talking about. And we wonder why our country is in such a sad state. F'n people...that's why.
Yep, sometimes both actors make mistakes that combine to contribute to the final tragedy.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An execution. Right. This is the kind of bulls**t hyperbole that indicates the poster is incredibly stupid or just looking to start a fight. And I don't think he's stupid.

And before all you cop haters get flamed, I'm not defending the officer's actions. From ONLY the video, it looks like the officer overreacted and unjustly shot the young man. But an execution it was not.

Not standing in front of a door is standard practice in LE. People sometimes shoot thru doors and walls and windows. This is taught early in an officer's training. Not to mention the deputy did stand in front of the door several times, including for several seconds just prior to the young man opening the door. He also clearly announced his presence several times. I know, I know...people sometimes lie about who they are. But, initially it was reported the officer didn't announce himself...he just knocked. We now know that's not true.

Furthermore, to say someone isn't a threat when they're holding a gun with it pointed down is just ridiculous. People can be a threat for various reasons, armed or not. Not recognizing that makes me question if you're actually living in the real world or a make-believe world. A person holding a firearm at their side can present that gun and fire before the other person even clears the holster. And again...for everyone who can't think objectively, I'm not saying this is the case with this victim. I'm just stating the obvious.

I do believe this young man exercised poor judgment in answering the door with the gun. Maybe there was a reason for it...I don't know. We also don't know yet what was going thru the officer's mind or what he was actually told about the situation while enroute. Knowing his state of mind at the time would be important. We're there any previous calls to that address? We're there any flags indicating someone there has been contacted before and was hostile towards law enforcement? What was the information passed to dispatch and did they pass that to the officer? There are a million questions that need to be answered.

I get it, though... Being objective and suggesting that we wait for all the details to come out is crazy talk and it's just asking too damn much for some of you. Plus it takes all the fun away from bashing on the police. Why wait for facts when we can pretend we know what we're talking about. And we wonder why our country is in such a sad state. F'n people...that's why.
He didn't announce on the first knock, though I'm not sure why. I do agree with part of what you said. He shouldn't have answered the door.

Latest posts

Top Bottom