Looks Like We Get To Bomb Syria?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Russia cancels Syria lobbying mission to D.C.; More Russian war ships reportedly head for Mediterranean

The speaker of Russia's national legislature said Friday that a plan to send a parliamentary delegation to Washington to try and convince U.S. lawmakers that a unilateral military intervention in Syria would be unwarranted and counterproductive had been cancelled.

Sergei Naryshkin, speaker of the State Duma, said the delegation would no longer travel to the U.S. and called the decisions by House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to refuse to meet their Russian counterparts deplorable.

Reid spokesman Adam Jentleson confirmed Thursday that Reid had turned down the offer. Boehner spokesman Michael Steel said the speaker had also declined the offer.

"We are really disappointed by their decision not to meet with their Russian colleagues," said Russian Embassy spokesman Maxim Abramov on Thursday after the U.S. congressmen made their decisions public.

Russian President Vladimir Putin proposed the delegation on Monday.

Meanwhile, Russia's government-linked news agencies quoted senior military officials as saying two more of the country's warships were headed for the Mediterranean, near Syria's western coast.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162...-war-ships-reportedly-head-for-mediterranean/

It's getting a little crowded in the Mediterranean. :nolike:

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^The southern borders are ripe for the picking. Mexico is so corrupt as a whole it wouldn't be hard to pay off some cartels, who already hate us, to help smuggle WMD across the border along with enemy soldiers. If millions of illegals can sneak through along with tons of drugs & weapons, so can the enemy.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Being originally from Mississippi, I guess, I was raised primarily by my grandparents. And I was read bedtime stories when very little, none of which would be available today. This debacle POTUS has gotten himself into reminds me of one of those bedtime stories from so long ago; Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby. The more the frustrated Brer Rabbit accosted Tar Baby, the more stuck in the tar he became. I don't remember how the story ended, but I remember the gist - the lesson. It seems Brer Rabbit could not extricate himself from Tar Baby. I'm going to Bing this and find out how it ended! I think it was by Uncle Remus - but I'm not sure about that either.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So we drew a line and poker-faced up... Russia is now calling our bluff.

Now we put ourself in a no-win situation for sure - either start world war 3, or look like a weak bag-of-hot-air to the rest of the world.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
POTUS is Brer Rabbit, and Assad is Tar Baby. I Binged this old bedtime story just now. And the cunning Brer Rabbit only managed to extricate himself by involving Brer Fox, who must be Putin.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So we drew a line and poker-faced up... Russia is now calling our bluff.

Now we put ourself in a no-win situation for sure - either start world war 3, or look like a weak bag-of-hot-air to the rest of the world.

Pretty much & I'd lean towards us hitting Syria even if we know better just to supposedly save face. There are FAR too many people who believe we are still untouchable when it comes to war, like we are a unbeatable machine. I liken it to a bully in a neighborhood. Sure we can kick everyone's ass one on one, but when the kids on the block decide to set aside differences to destroy the bully once & for all, the tables can turn quickly. This is what I see happening right now. We picked on Russia's little brother & now we got the big brother & cousin warning us to leave them alone of pay.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe it's me, but I just don't think starting WW3 for absolutely no reason other than to save-face sounds like a good idea.

What happens if we back down? We strike a deal with Russia/Iran/China and everyone looks for the next Milie Cyrus F@#$ up to take their minds off of this?

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im leaning towards WWIII, Obama has too big of an ego .

If one of our ships gets sunk, the entire House and Senate will come on board with POTUS. The Red Sea doesn't leave much room for manuevering. In a slugging match, we'll win, but man, this is so unnecessary.

[Broken External Image]

In this forgotten bedtime story, our hero - Brer Rabbit, is enraged with the noncompliant Tar Baby and begins attacking him. But since Tar Baby is made of turpentine and tar, Brer Rabbit gets stuck in Tar Baby, and cannot extricate himself, without the help of a storytime villain, Brer Fox.

[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom