Lucky deputy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So driving through town I spot this mangled mess. As I havr stopped watching news for the foreseeable future (thanks OSA for keeping me up to date on relevant issues) I has no idea about this. Looked it up and I guess the deputy was heading to Okay area and got in a single car accident. Somehow got through with only a severe ankle injury. I don't know what he hit, but I immagine it was construction equipment out there. I'm happy hes relatively ok compared to the damage to his vehicle. My prayers go out for a speedy and complete recovery for the deputy.

20200416_134348.jpg
20200416_134404.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The say cars are designed to crumple and crush to help prevent more sever injuries. Looks like that car did it's job.
That is true--they are designed to crumple; crumpling increases the time of the impact event, which lowers the force of the impact. If that car had been built 40 years ago, he most likely would've been DRT rather than limping away. It takes a hell of a lot of energy to do that to a modern car, so something was moving pretty dang fast when that collision took place.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can thank NASCAR and racing in general for all those safety features. Remember how a little wreck would dang near kill a driver when they were using factory built cars in the 60's and 70's?

Hope the deputy recovers fast and gets back on the street.

Latest posts

Top Bottom