Lucy...I'm Home!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The latter....My inner spirit has been reset....It was the hardest thing I have ever done, and I loved every minute of it.
The weather from 13,500 ft up was brutal.....I froze my water bladder, The altitude was killing me the first couple of days, I had To shorten my hike by about half, but that gave me more time to play around.
I didn,t see anyone for the first three days, then I met a guy hiking the trail in the opposite direction, We talked for about 20 mins and moved on.
I also hiked up to the ruby gold mine and ghost town, and down pikes peak.
I had a lot of fun, But, it feels really good to be home. :zzz:

The dog was delicious......:yikes2:

Good on you, man! Glad it went well.

I suspected the 9 miles per day was a bit much at that altitude. I think there is no wiser decision than to take it easy, make your pace manageable, and most of all enjoy the hike and your surroundings. Taking your time sure makes that last part easier L)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

Awesome. Looks like a good time.

Guess you sorted out the people in the know from the people talking out their ass in the original thread, huh?:D

Misanthropy is highly underrated.

This is what I should have said.
My post was have a good time and don't worry about having a sat phone, gps etc. and got ripped.
Didn't mind that as I understand that asphalt cowboys don't understand what it takes to make it in the wilderness.

Glad it worked out for you.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Asphalt cowboys, thats funny there. I know what you mean though. I think some people would consider it a life challenge to deal without electricity for 24hrs. There are many little boy scouts who endure more troublesome conditions than most "asphalt cowboys" in a lifetime

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The latter....My inner spirit has been reset....It was the hardest thing I have ever done, and I loved every minute of it.
The weather from 13,500 ft up was brutal.....I froze my water bladder, The altitude was killing me the first couple of days, I had To shorten my hike by about half, but that gave me more time to play around.
I didn,t see anyone for the first three days, then I met a guy hiking the trail in the opposite direction, We talked for about 20 mins and moved on.
I also hiked up to the ruby gold mine and ghost town, and down pikes peak.
I had a lot of fun, But, it feels really good to be home. :zzz:

The dog was delicious......:yikes2:

what day did you walk down pikes peak?? i was there the 10th and i seen a man hiking down but no dog. It was 20* at the summit and i have no idea what the windchill was but the wind was blowing hard. I wonder what the rental car place would think if they knew their car went to the summit of pikes peak LOL

I see you went to garden of the gods too from your photobucket pics. I was there as well. Seems like we were in the same places at or about the same time.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo0023.jpg

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like we almost bumped into each other, I got there on sat. afternoon and set up camp at lake george in the pike natl.forrest. I've used that site several times before. I took the cog rail to the top of pikes peak and hiked down the next mourning,The weather was the same every time I wandered twards 14,000. It was a bit much for the first day. I drove to leadville that evening.
We should have met up for a OSA photo-op.:thumbup3:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds/looks like a great trip.

How many miles did you end up covering during the week long hike? Did you do section hikes (checking out stuff on foot then driving to another location etc...) or load up the backpack and through-hike for the week?

Latest posts

Top Bottom