Lucy...I'm Home!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds/looks like a great trip.

How many miles did you end up covering during the week long hike? Did you do section hikes (checking out stuff on foot then driving to another location etc...) or load up the backpack and through-hike for the week?

I ended up doing three hikes, pikes peak, ruby mine, and the last third of my original plan to mt. elbert.
As soon as the mountains came into view from about a hundered miles away I threw my itenerairy out the window, The snow seems to have come earlier or heavier or something.
I covered probably 50 miles or so, its hard to tell because I did a lot of exploring.
I'm putting togeather a pictorial tips and tricks album showing some things that worked well and some that did'nt, I set up a trip-wire alarm around my camp at night, Instead of using grenades I used those little magnetic window alarms that you get at the dollar store(when the sting is pulled it trips alarm). it worked well and was tripped twice (I was pretty proud of that).
I just not sure I want all of the details picked apart on here. (Quiet..There are vultures lurking about..)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up doing three hikes, pikes peak, ruby mine, and the last third of my original plan to mt. elbert.
As soon as the mountains came into view from about a hundered miles away I threw my itenerairy out the window, The snow seems to have come earlier or heavier or something.
I covered probably 50 miles or so, its hard to tell because I did a lot of exploring.
I'm putting togeather a pictorial tips and tricks album showing some things that worked well and some that did'nt, I set up a trip-wire alarm around my camp at night, Instead of using grenades I used those little magnetic window alarms that you get at the dollar store(when the sting is pulled it trips alarm). it worked well and was tripped twice (I was pretty proud of that).
I just not sure I want all of the details picked apart on here. (Quiet..There are vultures lurking about..)

Ahhhh ... com'on man ... that's half the fun of being a member here ... GAWD knows I have "suffered" through that "indignity" a time or two ... Being able to laugh at yourself is about 9/10ths of the battle of life I have decided.

I bet you have some GREAT stories ... They can't all be all serious, can they?? :sorry1:

ETA: GC told me to tell you that is how he decides who the dummies are here, by the way they pick ... well, YOU know ... lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom