M1A Bush Rifle part II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess if a short “gun”is what you have then you have to like it. But I wouldn’t be telling everyone. I like my long one… Just kidding. Nice looking rifle and wood is better to look at than plastic.
Nothing better looking than wood and bluing on a gun, but that fiberglass sure is easier to carry for an old fart. Not talking about me, referring to Okshooter.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my M1A Scout. Went from a scope to a 2X Aimpoint to the EOTech. Added the Bradley Cheek Rest (highly recommend). The “cheese grater” on the barrel does a great job of keeping on target for second shot. So much fun to shoot.

Attachments

• B581EC2F-8A8F-4F77-A272-0972469EE327.jpeg
    B581EC2F-8A8F-4F77-A272-0972469EE327.jpeg
    911.4 KB · Views: 0

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice!

I have one as well

bummed it wont shoot Tula --- was told to "turn the gas up" on it as the ammo itself burns through my other .308 machines just fine.

"Turning the gas up" - is not as simple a process as it is for a FAL - so i'll just keep shooting better grade brass out of it - but its a fun gun for sure - and seriously capable accuracy at the relatively short ranges i have tried it so far

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice!

I have one as well

bummed it wont shoot Tula --- was told to "turn the gas up" on it as the ammo itself burns through my other .308 machines just fine.

"Turning the gas up" - is not as simple a process as it is for a FAL - so i'll just keep shooting better grade brass out of it - but its a fun gun for sure - and seriously capable accuracy at the relatively short ranges i have tried it so far
Must have pictures!!

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Must have pictures!!

Arrgghhh --- none on my Imgur page ---

Just used the thing recently too ---- have a friend who is into more modern stuff who took some teenagers out shooting and i was invited.

Kids loved the modern silenced AR variants and other things my buddy had , but im happy to say they got a kick out of my "retro" iron sighted stuff too as i tried to bring examples of noteworthy military style firearms from the past 60 years -- brought the M1A shorty, a couple of retro A1 format AR's . a nice PTR MP-5 clone (probably the biggest ht with the kids as one of them said - "This is just like the gun in Fortnite!" - sheesh) and a Walther PPK for the retro pistol vibe

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice!

I have one as well

I think (could be wrong ) that Springfield Armory said not to run any off-shore ammo in their rifles.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check the bolt roller for the bump problem some had. Check the bolt to see if it is gi or Springfield and check for recall. Check the clip that holds the bolt roller on and check the extractor for the shaft being exposed to long . Enjoy good rifle

Latest posts

Top Bottom