Making Colorado Safe for Guns and Pot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't drink or do illegal substances so I don't have a dog in the fight other than supporting others freedoms. I guess looking at it from that aspect we all have some skin in the game.

The question on the 4473 form asks if you use illegal drugs or are addicted. Weed isn't illegal in Colorado so why wouldn't you just check no? Not having diarrhea of the mouth can go a long way to getting by in this world.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't drink or do illegal substances so I don't have a dog in the fight other than supporting others freedoms. I guess looking at it from that aspect we all have some skin in the game.

The question on the 4473 form asks if you use illegal drugs or are addicted. Weed isn't illegal in Colorado so why wouldn't you just check no? Not having diarrhea of the mouth can go a long way to getting by in this world.

The 4473 is a federal form so I think the person filling it out needs to think of the legality of marijuana from the federal government's perspective. However, I can see how this would be a sticky situation.

I enjoy alcohol from time to time, but I never operate a firearm while under the influence of it. Just because someone might smoke pot doesn't mean they'll be high while they handle a firearm. Marijuana use is legal in Colorado, so it shouldn't be illegal for a law-abiding, pot-smoking Colorado-ian to own a firearm.

Swab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just my two cents, but it should be the same as owning a firearm and taking prescription drugs or alcohol. As long as you're not handling or carrying while intoxicated you should be fine.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just my two cents, but it should be the same as owning a firearm and taking prescription drugs or alcohol. As long as you're not handling or carrying while intoxicated you should be fine.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

Exactly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom