Man foresaw 9/11 attack and saved 2700 lives, before dying in the tower collapse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen many documentaries on him, read books about him and he was a part of the air cav led by hal moore. He is actually the one on the book cover of we were soldiers once and young. The guy was a bad ass and hero in every sense of the words.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_WzGP0.jpg

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At 8:46 a.m. on the morning of September 11, 2001, American Airlines Flight 11 struck World Trade Center Tower 1. Rescorla heard the explosion and saw the Tower burning from his office window. When a Port Authority announcement came over the P.A. system urging people to stay at their desks, Rescorla ignored the announcement, grabbed his bullhorn, walkie-talkie and cell phone, and began systematically ordering Morgan Stanley employees to evacuate, including the 1,000 employees in WTC 5. He directed people down a stairwell from the 44th floor, continuing to calm employees after the building lurched violently following the crash of the second plane 38 floors above. Morgan Stanley executive Bill McMahon stated that even a group of 250 people visiting the offices for a stockbroker training class knew what to do because they had been shown the nearest stairway. Having calmed his men in Vietnam by singing Cornish songs from his youth, Rescorla did the same in the stairwell, singing, "Men of Cornwall stand ye steady. It cannot be ever said ye for the battle were not ready. Stand and never yield!" Between songs, Rescorla called his wife, telling her, "Stop crying. I have to get these people out safely. If something should happen to me, I want you to know I've never been happier. You made my life." After successfully evacuating the majority of Morgan Stanley's 2,687 employees, he went back inside the building.[10][11] When one of his colleagues told him he too had to evacuate the World Trade Center, Rescorla replied, "As soon as I make sure everyone else is out".[12] He was last seen on the 10th floor, heading upward, shortly before the tower collapsed. His remains were never found.

What an amazing man.... just incredible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom