Man paralyzed from fall at BLM rally sues city of Tulsa, Oklahoma Highway Patrol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-new...ly-sues-city-of-tulsa-oklahoma-highway-patrol
The man paralyzed from a fall at a Tulsa Black Lives Matter rally in May 2020 is suing multiple agencies, including the city of Tulsa and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

Thomas Knight became paralyzed from the waist down after falling from an I-244 bridge during the rally.

The suit was filed in federal court Monday. It said Knight attended the rally with his family.

The rally began in downtown Tulsa's Greenwood District. At one point, the crowd went up an I-244 access ramp and onto the highway, blocking traffic. One of the vehicles blocked was a truck pulling a horse trailer.

The lawsuit said witnesses saw the driver of the truck brandish a weapon. Videos show people crowding the truck, the truck running over some people and the crowd dispersing.

According to the lawsuit, this is what led Knight to fall off the bridge. He fell 20 feet to the street below and broke bones in his spine. He’s now paralyzed from the waist down.

Knight is suing the city of Tulsa, OHP the driver of the truck, and others including Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin, 15 unnamed TPD officers and 15 unnamed OHP deputies.

The lawsuit claims “deliberate indifference” by TPD, OHP and their employees led to Knight becoming paralyzed. It said "His injuries were eminently preventable and should never have happened. Had the Defendants taken even the most basic of precautions, Plaintiff (Knight) would not have lost the use of his legs and his suffering, and his family's suffering, could have been spared."

It also said TPD officers funneled the crowd onto the I-244 access ramp. It claims Tulsa police failed to implement any policies and procedures to guide its officers on how to handle civil demonstrations.

As for OHP, the lawsuit said they did nothing to assist the truck driver through the crowd and failed to exercise care regarding the flow of traffic.

It also alleges negligence from the truck driver, who has not been identified.
ALL the police were a couple hundred yards up, and down the highway. They were likely afraid the lap dog news media would send them to prison, if they interfered with this PEACEFUL, JUSTIFIED, UNDERSTANDABLE, PROTEST! This moron ether fell, or was pushed by his criminal friends, backward off an overpass, while HIS LYNCH MOB WAS ATTACK A MANS TRUCK, WITH HIS WIFE IN AND TWO SMALL CHILDREN IN THE TRUCK, AND SEVERAL HORSES IN HIS TRAILER! THEY WERE TRYING TO BREAK THE TRUCK WINDOWS, TO HARM THESE PEOPLE, AND HITTING, AND THROUGHING BUTRNING MATERAL INTO THE TRAILER TO PANIC THESE HORSES! THIS EVIL WHITE MAN, SIMPLY PULLED FORWARD, VERY SLOWLY TO GET OUT OF THIS, OUT OF CONTROL MOB, AND TO GET TO WHERE THE POLICE WERE STAGED FOR PROTECTION! THIS JERK IS ALSO SUING THE MAN DRIVING THE TRUCK! THIS WOULD BE A JOKE IF IT WERE NOT ON US! This happened on I-244 and this or another SPONTANEOUS BLM/ANTIFA group, with professionally done signs, closed I-44 in Tulsa at the same time if my memory serves me!

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the same POS city policies that let a guy on a sign band at 244 and Union shut down traffic all over west side of Tulsa for a whole day, should have shot him with a bear tranqulizer and dropped his butt on the ground

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AAwww. did him fall down an go boom-boom?
Better be glad I am not the judge because I would see if I could be of some service and get him limbered back up again. I would have him tied to a hitchin post, smeared with mare in heat musk and let the man with the trailers Spanish Stallions of Love mount up and have their way.

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him.
Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.--
Clint E. , Fist Full of Dollars

Last edited:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-new...ly-sues-city-of-tulsa-oklahoma-highway-patrol
The man paralyzed from a fall at a Tulsa Black Lives Matter rally in May 2020 is suing multiple agencies, including the city of Tulsa and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

Thomas Knight became paralyzed from the waist down after falling from an I-244 bridge during the rally.

The suit was filed in federal court Monday. It said Knight attended the rally with his family.

The rally began in downtown Tulsa's Greenwood District. At one point, the crowd went up an I-244 access ramp and onto the highway, blocking traffic. One of the vehicles blocked was a truck pulling a horse trailer.

The lawsuit said witnesses saw the driver of the truck brandish a weapon. Videos show people crowding the truck, the truck running over some people and the crowd dispersing.

According to the lawsuit, this is what led Knight to fall off the bridge. He fell 20 feet to the street below and broke bones in his spine. He’s now paralyzed from the waist down.

Knight is suing the city of Tulsa, OHP the driver of the truck, and others including Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin, 15 unnamed TPD officers and 15 unnamed OHP deputies.

The lawsuit claims “deliberate indifference” by TPD, OHP and their employees led to Knight becoming paralyzed. It said "His injuries were eminently preventable and should never have happened. Had the Defendants taken even the most basic of precautions, Plaintiff (Knight) would not have lost the use of his legs and his suffering, and his family's suffering, could have been spared."

It also said TPD officers funneled the crowd onto the I-244 access ramp. It claims Tulsa police failed to implement any policies and procedures to guide its officers on how to handle civil demonstrations.

As for OHP, the lawsuit said they did nothing to assist the truck driver through the crowd and failed to exercise care regarding the flow of traffic.

Ambulance chasing lawyers, this should never have gotten off the ground and gone anywhere. This turd is just trying to make a payday. If the idiots weren’t in the damm road to begin with he wouldn’t of fallen off the overpass. If they weren’t harassing automobiles and the guy with the horse trailer it would’ve happened. If these idiots were at work and employed instead of deadbeats harassing people it wouldn’t of happened

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ALL the police were a couple hundred yards up, and down the highway. They were likely afraid the lap dog news media would send them to prison, if they interfered with this PEACEFUL, JUSTIFIED, UNDERSTANDABLE, PROTEST! This moron ether fell, or was pushed by his criminal friends, backward off an overpass, while HIS LYNCH MOB WAS ATTACK A MANS TRUCK, WITH HIS WIFE IN AND TWO SMALL CHILDREN IN THE TRUCK, AND SEVERAL HORSES IN HIS TRAILER! THEY WERE TRYING TO BREAK THE TRUCK WINDOWS, TO HARM THESE PEOPLE, AND HITTING, AND THROUGHING BUTRNING MATERAL INTO THE TRAILER TO PANIC THESE HORSES! THIS EVIL WHITE MAN, SIMPLY PULLED FORWARD, VERY SLOWLY TO GET OUT OF THIS, OUT OF CONTROL MOB, AND TO GET TO WHERE THE POLICE WERE STAGED FOR PROTECTION! THIS JERK IS ALSO SUING THE MAN DRIVING THE TRUCK! THIS WOULD BE A JOKE IF IT WERE NOT ON US! This happened on I-244 and this or another SPONTANEOUS BLM/ANTIFA group, with professionally done signs, closed I-44 in Tulsa at the same time if my memory serves me!
I remember this on the news. There is no grounds here for a lawsuit that I can see. It is cut and dry no different then Kyle Rittenhouse. It’s all captured on video. As you describe this particular man with the truck hauler and the other motorists on the road we’re being harassed by these BLM. I remember this on the news. There is no grounds here for a lawsuit that I can see. As you describe this particular man with the truck hauler and the people on the road we’re being harassed by these rioters. Anyone associated with the BLM riots should be in jail and not suing people.

Just the fact that a lawsuit like this can proceed is mind blowing. It reminds me of those lawyers, Mark and Patricia McCloskey that were protecting their personal property and neighborhood, they had their pistol and AR out. And the BS ringer they went through. These frivolous lawsuits that lawyers are doing are a serious issue. Frivolous lawsuits and the people filing them along with the their lawyers should be held accountable.

maveric

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

What did he expect, a metal for being a troublemaker?

Latest posts

Top Bottom