Man wakes up in body bag at funeral home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LEXINGTON, Miss. (AP) — Workers at a Mississippi funeral home say they found a man alive and kicking when they opened a body bag.

Holmes County Coroner Dexter Howard calls it a miracle that 78-year-old Walter Williams is alive.

The coroner was called to Williams' home in Lexington, a community north of Jackson, where family members believed he had died.

Howard says Williams had no pulse and was pronounced dead Wednesday at 9 p.m.

Early Thursday, workers at Porter and Sons Funeral Home were preparing to embalm Williams when he started to kick in the body bag.

Family members were called and Williams was taken to a hospital. Howard says he believes Williams' pacemaker stopped working, then started again.

Family members say Williams, a farmer, told them he's happy to be alive.

http://newsok.com/man-wakes-up-in-body-bag-at-funeral-home/article/feed/656821

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow that would be crazy. What is more amazing to me is how long did he go "dead". Dont they say that only a few minutes can cause serious brain damage without blood and oxygen.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who would be more terrified? The guy about to get embalmed alive, or the guys in a funeral home standing next to a "corpse" that comes to life?

I've have shat down both legs.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow that would be crazy. What is more amazing to me is how long did he go "dead". Dont they say that only a few minutes can cause serious brain damage without blood and oxygen.

I know a number of folks who could go days or weeks without and never notice a change...

Quite a few in Washington, if you ask me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom