Marines order Colt .45s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes we did. I found both last night when I searched. This thread was the most recent. Cut me some slack, at least I brought this one back to life instead of starting a new one. I just wanted to let everyone know that is s now possible to purchase one. Jeesh!!

Maybe I should have started a new thread and put links to both of the olds threads into the new thread. hmmm. I feel a poll coming on.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I should have started a new thread and put links to both of the olds threads into the new thread. hmmm. I feel a poll coming on.

This has already been discussed in a previous thread.

I don't think anybody should start new threads. Simply post links to a previous discussion. Everything worth saying has already been said.

@toehanus

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't need to cut you any slack because I wasn't busting your chops...just pointing out that there is a lot of info on the topic in another thread, if anyone was interested.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
www.forte.jor.br_wp_content_uploads_2012_08_marine_1911_lh.jpeg

pics.gunbroker.com_GB_334617000_334617904_pix280255379.jpg

just released, U.S. property marked and U>S> issued USMC Force Recon M45 Colt 1911, model 01xxxxCQB. U>S> is stamped on the right side of the frame just above the rail, and Trijicon sites are factory fitted. National match barrel and bushing. Marine specified flat dark earth Cerakote finish. Packaged in a custom Colt Pelican case with two Marine Corps issue Wilson Combat mags, Otis Cleaning kit, all paperwork, and test target. These are SUPER rare, as Colt is still in the midst of a current contract production run for the USMC. Each one is hand fitted in the Colt Custom Shop for frame to slide, sear to hammer, and barrel to bushing tolerances. Also has wider cocking serrations and the front serrations moved farther forward at the request of the Marines. THIS IS NOT SIMPLY ANOTHER COLT XSE, COLT RAIL GUN, OR COLT COMBAT ELITE. Comes with test target and is guaranteed to produce less than a 1" group at 15 yards, and all rounds from this gun were MORE THAN in spec during the factory test fire. These custom Marine Corps guns come with Colt's newly redesigned dual recoil spring, slide, feed ramp, spring guide, and rail system required to surpass the endurance tests of the USMC and their Recon Squads. This is the real deal.

Attachments

• marine-1911-lh.jpg
    marine-1911-lh.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 184

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Special Ops dudes don't care about capacity - they just like blowing-up bad guys with forty-"shooting twice is just silly"-five.
www.thecurt.com_1911tanks.gif

USMC love 45s so much, they are bringing the 45-70 back. This is the next Force Recon Special Ops Tactical M45-70A1 CQB Rail Rifle :thumb:
www.barking_moonbat.com_images_uploads_Marlin_Tactical_Cowboy.jpg

Last edited:

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
www.forte.jor.br_wp_content_uploads_2012_08_marine_1911_lh.jpeg

pics.gunbroker.com_GB_334617000_334617904_pix280255379.jpg

just released, U.S. property marked and U>S> issued USMC Force Recon M45 Colt 1911, model 01xxxxCQB. U>S> is stamped on the right side of the frame just above the rail, and Trijicon sites are factory fitted. National match barrel and bushing. Marine specified flat dark earth Cerakote finish. Packaged in a custom Colt Pelican case with two Marine Corps issue Wilson Combat mags, Otis Cleaning kit, all paperwork, and test target. These are SUPER rare, as Colt is still in the midst of a current contract production run for the USMC. Each one is hand fitted in the Colt Custom Shop for frame to slide, sear to hammer, and barrel to bushing tolerances. Also has wider cocking serrations and the front serrations moved farther forward at the request of the Marines. THIS IS NOT SIMPLY ANOTHER COLT XSE, COLT RAIL GUN, OR COLT COMBAT ELITE. Comes with test target and is guaranteed to produce less than a 1" group at 15 yards, and all rounds from this gun were MORE THAN in spec during the factory test fire. These custom Marine Corps guns come with Colt's newly redesigned dual recoil spring, slide, feed ramp, spring guide, and rail system required to surpass the endurance tests of the USMC and their Recon Squads. This is the real deal.

Understand the need for the .45, like everything about M45 except one thing; why no high capacity mag? Surley it is not out of the realm of Colt's ability to alter the 1911 to take a double stack. The Russkies are doing that with the Makarov right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom