McGee Creek WMA Draw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dad and I are excited for our trip this weekend. I just had a couple questions for you guys that live/hunt down that way.

What kind of terrain is it, from the maps it looks somewhat hilly and dense big woods, but we didnt get a chance to go and scout so I am just not sure.

If any of you have hunted it this year what are any tips you could give? I am not looking for anyones honey hole just general advice, like the oaks are producing or the food plots are the place to be, just any advice would be helpful.

Also since i moslty hunt on flat land do the deer like to run the hills or are they mainly traveling in the valleys.

thanks

Dustin D

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've hunted there a couple times. It's hilly and rocky. Hardest drag I've ever had was with my dad getting a buck out on a deer cart. Took us a couple hours because the terrain was so steep.

I can show you on a map where I killed one and where I always see deer, but it will be a LOT of work getting it out.....

BTW,..it's a very Beautiful piece of Oklahoma. Nice place to visit even if you don't kill anything...

ChaseH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure how you did down there this weekend but I didn't even see a single deer. I think when we checked out today there was a total of 6 or 7 for the weekend. Hopefully one of them was you!

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope dad and I didn't see a thing. We were set up on a couple food plots that had no less than 7-10 scrapes and at least that many rubs. Tons of tracks but ZERO deer during daylight both mornings the scrapes had fresh sign in them. Really pretty are but guess the moon and temps had them moving all night.

Had a good time just didn't see deer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom