Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays

• Total voters

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whole point of Christmas is celebrating the birth of Christ. This is a religious event and I think it should be recognized as one. If your belief does not acknowledge Christmas then dont celebrate it.

All I'm saying is that Christmas plus New Years = 2 Holidays.

I remember people saying "Happy Holidays" to account for the multiple celebrations this time of year, not to marginalize Christmas or Christ, way before the idea of political correctness took over.

If people are getting their panties in a bunch one way or the other over this, we need to all loosen up. I am thankful for anyone who wishes me a greeting, regardless of how they do it.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's not what the whole season is about.

Many other religious holidays are placed around the Winter Solstice. It seems that solstices and equinoxes are popular times of year.

LOL, whatever. Congrats on missing my point.

I think OKCShooter is the best example on this board of what the season is all about. Instead of arrogantly and self-righteously worrying and whining and moaning and crying and bitching and arguing about the semantics of it all he used this board and his personal resources making sure people who need help this season get some help. He didn't ask what religion they were or where they came from or whether they say Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas. What he did wasn't about him. What he did was about blessing other people. In other words, OKCShooter is not a hypocrite.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, whatever. Congrats on missing my point.

I didn't miss it. I was expanding upon it.

Happy Cinco de mayo.
Oh..... Never mind, that's a different Holiday to be offended by.:musketeers:

Umm... they beat the French. Everyone should celebrate a French defeat!

...and it didn't really get popular until breweries saw a potential celebration to boost sales in a slow period... kinda like St. Patty's Day...

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't miss it. I was expanding upon it.

Umm... they beat the French. Everyone should celebrate a French defeat!

...and it didn't really get popular until breweries saw a potential celebration to boost sales in a slow period... kinda like St. Patty's Day...

If we celebrated every French defeat every day would be a celebration.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a25.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_l8and0fEWu1qdoghio1_500.png

Merry Fishmas!!!

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to say "happy holidays" just to be safe, but now all this WAR ON CHRISTMAS stuff has started so I stand a good chance of someone getting their panties in a twist either way.

Now I just say "happy Festivus," because it generally confuses the other guy long enough for me to make my getaway.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think OKCShooter is the best example on this board of what the season is all about. Instead of arrogantly and self-righteously worrying and whining and moaning and crying and bitching and arguing about the semantics of it all he used this board and his personal resources making sure people who need help this season get some help. He didn't ask what religion they were or where they came from or whether they say Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas. What he did wasn't about him. What he did was about blessing other people. In other words, OKCShooter is not a hypocrite.

What a great way to be remembered, thank you.

And for the record, I say 'Merry Christmas' and/or 'Happy Holidays'...

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Say what you believe. If you believe in Christmas say Merry Christmas, If you celebrate another holiday say Happy Holidays. I think too much has been made about this subject in the media. If you get offended by someone saying Merry Christmas, you might want to be a little less sensitive. By saying Merry Christmas someone is just hoping you have a nice day or week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom