Microwave candle lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Re: the candle lighting in the microwave - did this candle have a little metal piece at the base of the wick? That might have caused an arc to form, which lit the wick.

Re: the grape... had to google it, I'm not dumb enough to try it uninformed :P That's quite impressive, but not something I think I'd want to try in my microwave :D

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Re: the candle lighting in the microwave - did this candle have a little metal piece at the base of the wick? That might have caused an arc to form, which lit the wick.

Re: the grape... had to google it, I'm not dumb enough to try it uninformed :P That's quite impressive, but not something I think I'd want to try in my microwave :D

I figures metal ws the cause, However I thought maybe it was tiny metal strands woven into the wick... thats cool, I didnt think of the base!

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's the things like this that make me keep a 10.00 garage sale microwave in the shop.
list of stuff to put in the microwave:
40 watt light bulb
marshmallows
whole egg
dvd's
and according to my 6 year old anything that will fit that we are not supposed to put in there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom