MidwayUSA grrrrrrr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, back when every order shipped free ... what ... nobody was getting paid to pull and package them? We all know better ... that was figured in as part of the item's cost. So now, they make money at both ends. That is still a part of the cost, and they jack up the S&H charges as just another way to increase profits.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe they should charge $8 for the pin and 75 cents to ship it to you.

That's my thought as well. Just be truthful in your pricing and charge shipping based on what it cost. If you want to add all the "backdoor" pricing into the order, do it on the front end and let the consumer make the choice.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahhh, Capitalism...
We've probably all paid a crazy price at one time or another for the tiny and easy to lose firearm springs, pins and screws. Calling all of the shops in OKC doesn't always help, so a trick is to surf the online sources and find whatever else you need- mags, spare parts, odd ball little widgets for shooting or reloading or whatever to make the threshold and avoid the surcharge. Still, it sucks to have a gun or press sidelined because of a $0.99 spring.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, back when every order shipped free ... what ... nobody was getting paid to pull and package them? We all know better ... that was figured in as part of the item's cost. So now, they make money at both ends. That is still a part of the cost, and they jack up the S&H charges as just another way to increase profits.
kinda hard to pay a guy out of $1.98,how much do you get paid to do your job?

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep a short list of stuff I need and about once a year I order what I need with what I "want".

spares come in handy esp if you shoot certain guns... frame screws for SAA revolvers, springs,,,stuff like that ..extra pins.. plan ahead. If your working on guns much you will end up with some stuff.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Didn't free shipping end about the time fuel prices went from around $1/gal to where those fuel prices sit today?

Latest posts

Top Bottom