Misdemeaner question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I got myself into a messed up situation last night. I am currently waiting on my letter for my CCL. Last night I got pulled over and ticketed for open container(beer) and transporting a loaded firearm. I'm not looking for a lecture, I know what I did was stupid.

The way I have it figured is worst case senario I pay my fines and have to wait another 3 years before sending off again.

Here is what I am wondering, If I were to get my letter in the next week, are those charges something that would get your CCL revovked? Is there any other input I should know or think about(other than not having a beer on the way to a buddy's house?)

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well the way the cop said it all I had to do was show up to court and pay the fines. which will be in the nieghborhood of 3-400 if I'm lucky, as much as 700 if i'm not. a lawyer would run me more than that tho right?

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are fine, as long as its not a felony and/or firearms related (basically) you are ok. Repeat misdemeanors may be an issue, I dont know.

The transporting a loaded firearm would be my bigger concern pertaining to the ability to obtain a CCW.

I wouldn't get a lawyer, the money you save on your fine will end up going to a lawyer so you will be looking at more money either way. I would avoid paying a lawyer like the plague.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
best idea yet, is get an atty. Means the difference in a suspended sentence that will drop off once you do what you need to do, or a guilty that stays on your record forever. You can get a cheapo atty while you are waiting to go in if need be..they roam the halls for easy cases like this one. But make no doubt you need one. Won't cost you much. I would guess $500.

Attorneys costs money, but you paid to play when you commited the act.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get an attorney. It sounds like it may be a municipal charge wherein your attorney can probably negotiate a six month probation with a dismissal or an amendment to disorderly conduct. Dont go in and plead guilty. Just some lawyerly advice!

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would get an attorney to keep the information off of your record. Hopefully your CCW will get denied so you can wait three years and prove yourself as a responsible gun owner. Alcohol and guns don't mix. Plus carrying a firearm illegally doesn't help the rest of us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom