Missile launch off of California coast 11/8/2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSPANIER

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you look at the entire video you'll notice a cork screw type pattern in the contrail. Years ago NASA tested a "scram jet" dropped from a B-52 that achieved hyper-sonic flight. Scram jets leave a cork screw style pattern and achieve around mach 7. Land based launches of such a system would be a natural progression of that technology and have been done before.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/a-euro-scramjeta-euro-zooms/6m094pp?q=scram jet&FORM=VIRE1

rest assured our government would never lie to us! :)

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is most pathetic about it is we are broadcasting to the world that the United States is too inept and incompetent to be able to figure out something as important as this - kind of a Keystone Cops routine regarding something as serious as our national defense.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is most pathetic about it is we are broadcasting to the world that the United States is too inept and incompetent to be able to figure out something as important as this - kind of a Keystone Cops routine regarding something as serious as our national defense.

Maybe your just being a tad naive. Our government knows exactly who fired this and what it was. The problem is they just don't want to tell us the who, what, where and why...It's one of those "on a need to know basis" type things and they have deemed that we don't need to know.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe your just being a tad naive. Our government knows exactly who fired this and what it was. The problem is they just don't want to tell us the who, what, where and why...It's one of those "on a need to know basis" type things and they have deemed that we don't need to know.

Maybe - but our press giving the impression to the rest of the world (and our potential enemies) that we can't find our asses with both hands is a dangerous thing.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That is a possibility, but it's also a possibility you are putting too much blind faith in our government. I remember many snatch n grab missions I was sent on when they "knew" the guy was there with a ton of security. What happened when we roll up there? Nothing! Dude was nowhere to be found, or his security. Just sayin, we can't know everything.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone considered where the film came from and why it ends where it does? Every view I've seen of it so far concludes with the thing still going sitting on top of a huge exhaust plume/contrail.

If you were a news cameraman and saw an unscheduled missile launch, at what point would you shut your camera down? I would quit filming when the thing was completely out of sight.

The fact that he quit when he did (or at least that's all the video the tv station chose to release) says to me that he knew it was a jet approaching him. Why they put it on the air suggesting anything else is anyone's guess.

To me the only thing unexplainable is the apparent exhaust flare. I guess that could have been the reflection of the dying sun on the underbelly of the jet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom