Missile launch off of California coast 11/8/2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a nice clear evening here and I was looking at the contrails on the horizon of an Eastbound aircraft heading my way. The sun is setting in the Southwest, orange light in the sky. The contrails to the West are still white, as to be expected since the sunlight they are getting is not tinged orange by the dust in the atmosphere since the sun is still at a higher angle with respect to the Western part of the contrail.

With all due respect to the experts that have declared this to be a contrail.... I call bull*!

WWRFS - What would Richard Feynman say?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a licensed pilot, and have been in and around rocketry / aviation all of my life. I am not a scientists, but even I know that is the contrail of a rocket. It's not an optical illusion, it's not a high altitude aircraft in use today, and it's not caused by a ramjet or scramjet engine.

Seems like rockets move a lot faster though

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a licensed pilot, and have been in and around rocketry / aviation all of my life. I am not a scientists, but even I know that is the contrail of a rocket. It's not an optical illusion, it's not a high altitude aircraft in use today, and it's not caused by a ramjet or scramjet engine.

I am just a guy, spent most of my life in the military and will never believe this was anything other than a rocket. Not just a rocket but a BIG rocket. I will never buy in that it was any plane at all.

If it were any kind of plane someone would have stated that it was plane number _____ and was going to ___________ from ________.

We may never get the truth but the lie being sold is just not something I can buy into.

jm838

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It couldn't have been fired from CA. Rockets are assault weapons, and they banned those! Don't you remember reading about it? It was pretty effective, they completely crushed the gangs and drug lords, and now CA is a happy utopia filled with rainbows and unicorns.

mild bill

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was some sort of expert on the morning show this morning who said it was definitely not a missle or rocket, he said it was too slow and the plume was too small, he thought it might be the work of an amateur.

Latest posts

Top Bottom