My African Hunt Photos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.rehme

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been having African withdrawals, The place really gets into you.
Crazy as it seems I have dreams and wake up thinking I am still there!
Did you know donkeys slipping through the trees look a lot like Gensboks?

Put a new piece of glass on my .375H@H Friday and cranked off a few rounds now I can look forward to finding that Cape Buffalo with my name on it!

Mark

m.rehme

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son carried his .270 with 140 interlocks.

I started out with my 7X64 with 150 Nosler's, used it on some Impalas then one morning I carried my .325WSM because I was out looking for some bigger game, had a Impala cross in front of me and I dumped it in its tracks. After that I used the .325 on everything but one Springbok at long range.

I shot everything else with the .325 - dumped most everything in their tracks, Zebra, Gensbok, Red Hartebeest never stepped one foot, we never had to track one animal.

The PH told me that in 22 years guiding he has seen about every cartridge there is used there and had never seen a .325 until I got there and that he had never seen a round perform consistently as that one did.

My score card for the .325 since last November is 1 Elk, 2 KS deer and 12 head of various African animals - all one shot kills.

My load is a 200 grain Accubond at around 2850fps out of a Kimber Montana, Zeiss scope with a muzzle brake so it doesn't hardly kick and it holds the muzzle down so you can see the shot hit, it's my to to gun.

I only recovered 2 bullets out of the 15 and they both weigh right at 150 grains, believe that is normal or that type bullet.

The PH is a special forces guy and told me one day after my son shot a Springbok at something like 330 yards that he would hate to come up against us in a firefight!

If you like some long range shooting Africa is the place to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom