My new GSG 1911-22 range report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scamp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cleaned and polished up the rails a bit again. I also removed the front rail, I think it cleaned it up a lot. I also loaded the mags fully and will let them set until the next range trip to maybe soften the springs a bit, I don't think that will happen, but going to try it anyway.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cleaned and polished up the rails a bit again. I also removed the front rail, I think it cleaned it up a lot. I also loaded the mags fully and will let them set until the next range trip to maybe soften the springs a bit, I don't think that will happen, but going to try it anyway.

What do you mean by "Removed the front rail"? You sure lost me there...dang, I wish you were closer, I'd like to pop my CW guide rod and recoil spring in your pistol and try it out...I betcha that we could get yours running right. I am almost ready to suggest you get a CW replacement spring anyway, it kinda sounds like yours isn't up to snuff. Not sure...but I suspect. Might give ATI a call and ask them to replace yours and see if you get better results with a new stock spring without spending money on a CW one first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scamp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What do you mean by "Removed the front rail"? You sure lost me there...dang, I wish you were closer, I'd like to pop my CW guide rod and recoil spring in your pistol and try it out...I betcha that we could get yours running right. I am almost ready to suggest you get a CW replacement spring anyway, it kinda sounds like yours isn't up to snuff. Not sure...but I suspect. Might give ATI a call and ask them to replace yours and see if you get better results with a new stock spring without spending money on a CW one first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine came with a light rail and a faux silencer, which I removed. It was just held on with two screws. The fake suppressor went on the desk, it makes a great paperweight!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine came with a light rail and a faux silencer, which I removed. It was just held on with two screws. The fake suppressor went on the desk, it makes a great paperweight!

Ahhhh, okay...gotcha. Well, I just hope you can get the thing running right!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took this pistol and few others to the range on Monday. I continue to get nothing but stellar accuracy with this pistol. It amazes me that I shoot this one so much better than my .45ACP Commander. I think the trigger on my GSG 1911-22 is the reason; it is incredibly smooth with a super clean break. Definitely, the various replacement parts (sear, disconnnect, "bullet proof" firing pin, and Performance Enhancement Kit from CW accessories has been a huge help. The only complaint I have with this pistol is the crappy factory finish. Gonna detail strip and deep clean her today and then take a can of Brownells Aluma-Hyde to the frame to spiff it up. I think I'll leave the slide as is; I kinda think the two-tone look will be cool. These are super fun guns for those who like the 1911 platform.

EdN

New to the site!
Reaction score
Took this pistol and few others to the range on Monday. I continue to get nothing but stellar accuracy with this pistol. It amazes me that I shoot this one so much better than my .45ACP Commander. I think the trigger on my GSG 1911-22 is the reason; it is incredibly smooth with a super clean break. Definitely, the various replacement parts (sear, disconnnect, "bullet proof" firing pin, and Performance Enhancement Kit from CW accessories has been a huge help. The only complaint I have with this pistol is the crappy factory finish. Gonna detail strip and deep clean her today and then take a can of Brownells Aluma-Hyde to the frame to spiff it up. I think I'll leave the slide as is; I kinda think the two-tone look will be cool. These are super fun guns for those who like the 1911 platform.

Have had mine for 5 years shoots like a dream. Wife learning to shoot it and loves it. No problem with ammo, eats almost anything. Use copper plated instead of lead works very well.
She hits in the 9 and 10 ring at 7yds. Will work up from there in another month or so.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have had mine for 5 years shoots like a dream. Wife learning to shoot it and loves it. No problem with ammo, eats almost anything. Use copper plated instead of lead works very well.
She hits in the 9 and 10 ring at 7yds. Will work up from there in another month or so.

Mine seems to like 40 gr CCI Mini Mags the best. I get the the tightest groups with this ammo than anything else I've shot through it. It does well with pretty much any copper plated high vel round actually, but the CCI is the ammo of choice. What a bargain this pistol has been. I paid like $275 for it; then of course, a bit more for the CW Accessories performance enhancement kit, and a few more bucks for some other replacement parts. But the ammo savings shooting .22lr rather than .45 ACP has sure paid for it. It is an ugly thing for sure, but damn does it ever put the holes right where I want them to go!

Pliskin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kinda miss mine too. I put over 4000 rounds through mine and broke 3 guide rods but it was pretty reliable ammo wise. Very accurate little pistol. All I did to it was VZ grips and an Ed Brown safety which made it much more comfortable. Supposedly they upgraded the guide rod from the factory now to not break. They were always quick to send a new one free of charge when I called and told them it broke.

Latest posts

Top Bottom