NASCAR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit nascar when they outlawed flying the Stars and Bars off of our motor home. Southern rednecks built the franchise and the france family forgot who made their millions for em and went woke. Dale Sr's death and the good driver's retiring finished the brand for me. Now they have a few good drivers and a bunch of whining crybabies then there is bubba who still cant drive after all the millions of dollars and training nascar has put into the loser

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked NASCAR when the manufacturers were the developers of the vehicles and all the cars had to be cars with headlights and taillights not just painted on crap. Back when they came up with big motors and carburetors and wings and wedged noses.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With all this talk about EV's.. When is Nascar going to electric vehicles??? No one is talking about all that emissions that is produced by those no cat or muffler cars. That will be something to watch...
I went to a NASCAR truck race in Topeka a few years ago. They require muffled engines. It just wasn't right. The sound of high-performance engines is what makes it exciting.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I quit nascar when they outlawed flying the Stars and Bars off of our motor home. Southern rednecks built the franchise and the france family forgot who made their millions for em and went woke. Dale Sr's death and the good driver's retiring finished the brand for me. Now they have a few good drivers and a bunch of whining crybabies then there is bubba who still cant drive after all the millions of dollars and training nascar has put into the loser
Bu...bu....but Bubba he do know a hangin' rope when he see it. Or, bein' dat an overhead door pull. He be never gettin' dem straight.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who cares? NASCAR has a been joke since they went to running heats, started playoffs and went woke with knee jerk reactions before investigation, looking stupid. All the good drivers left, the current crop of Gen Z entitled whiners lack fan appeal, excitement and talent.
While I somewhat agree, tickets are very hard to find, and hotel, campsites are always totally booked on race week. There still seems to be a big audience. Love’s Travel Stops is the primary sponsor for Taladaga truck race, and sponsor a cup car, I believe, so they must see a significant market opportunity with NASCAR.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You and me both. Mark retired about the time started The Chase crap. I’ve watched very little since then.
Side note- met Mark after he won the Atlanta Journal 500 in 91
About the same time here. When they were touting how woke and green they were and mandated ethanol fuel, I checked out. They had also mandated a specific engine for all cars to be sealed with an official NASCAR seal between the block and heads. If that seal was broken it was automatic disqualification. That killed any interest I had. To me it was all about who could build the best setup given a few rules like displacement, induction, car weight, etc. But they had to be "inclusive" and make everybody equal. What's the point of racing then? Seems they backed off some of the dufus moves they were making at the time but it's still a joke.

Latest posts

Top Bottom