NASCAR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I somewhat agree, tickets are very hard to find, and hotel, campsites are always totally booked on race week. There still seems to be a big audience. Love’s Travel Stops is the primary sponsor for Taladaga truck race, and sponsor a cup car, I believe, so they must see a significant market opportunity with NASCAR.

Maybe a few years back. They advertise tickets available right up to the race on several tracks.
Look at the stands during races, lots of empty space.
Restrictor plate races are BORING, all of the other tracks are getting boring as well. 43 identical cars going in a circle.

Road races are the only decent races, allowing mechanics to set up the car and drivers to make a difference.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started losing interest when Ford started racing Tauri after discontinuing the T-Bird (yay, stickers), and I figured the France family didn’t want me as a fan anymore when they took the second race from Bristol and sent it out to California. When they let Toyota in and turned it into a spec race series, I was beyond done with them.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont watch it but would be funny. Imagine how many times they have to stop and recharge. The only reason people watch Nascar is for the crashes. Just like people only watch Hockey is for the fights.
With electrics the crashes would be more exciting, imagine it, the cars bump, a battery gets dinged and thermal runaway begins! Lots of smoke, fire, outgassing, and the car may still be moving!

Last edited:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with many, gone are the days when one could go to the showroom, buy a car, rip out the interior, install roll bars, and have a vehicle that actually could be raced from showroom to track. Yes, engines, bodies and chassis were modified, but the vehicle was actually something one could buy. Same with many of the muscle cars of the late 50's, 60's and early 70's. If one wanted to get into racing they could without millions of dollars. What is raced today bears little resemblance to what one can buy without 100's of thousands (possibly millions.) We have lost our way and our spirit to live and enjoy life. Cars have become more like a refrigerator or a stove and people want convenience and comfort over driver experience. At one time almost every model of car had a performance option, now only a few cars are performance oriented, you can count them on one hand and 1 finger (assuming one has all their digits), Mustang, Challenger, Charger, Jeep, Bronco and Corvette. We lived better 50 years ago, no, we lived.

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NASCAR is still around?

It has woke itself into the grave at everyone I knows home.

Still the most popularmotor sport in North America.

F1 came out with Formula E and is about as gay as you can imagine.

NASCAR may go that way one day. If so, that's when I will stop watching. The market is correcting for EVs. Be curious how much market share it makes up in ten years. Maybe once we crack nuclear fusion or put a Dyson sphere around the sun. Until then it really ain't ever going 100% "Green" energy.

Last edited:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still the most popular motor sport in North America.

F1 came out with Formula E and is about as gay as you can imagine.

NASCAR may go that way one day. If so, that's when I will stop watching. The market is correcting for EVs. Be curious how much market share it makes up in ten years. Maybe once we crack nuclear fusion or put a Dyson sphere around the sun. Until then it really ain't ever going 100% "Green" energy.
No, we will go green, at the expense of personal transportation. It's not about green tech, it's about limiting travel and limiting independence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom