Need Advise ,going to Trial over Junk in Backyard in OKC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i am asking on advise for the TRIAL part of the problem.i was hoping to just clean up and then pay fines and avoid court ,but i cant get anyone at code enforcement to tell me if i can do that or not.

It sounds like you've worn out your welcome with Code Enforcement. It's too late to avoid court.

Get an attorney and prepare to pay the fees. Before it gets worse.

Captain Mike

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1. Rent time machine.

2. Clean up all of your ******** that they told you to clean up. Like three times now.

3. Oops, time machines don't exist. Clean up all the ******** in your yard and then go to court.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you want advice on how to go to court. First off haul off all your "recycalables" take several pictures. Shower, shave and dress up in your cleanest clothes and go to court. Show the pictures to prove you have cleaned up.
Covering with tarps, or sheds probably will not satisfy the code enforcement.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not much choice but to make sure everything is nice and clean in your yard. IF it isn't you will get a fine.

Fix any code violations and then take some photos the day before you go to court. Print the photos out to show the judge and request the charges be dropped.

Often the judges won't slam you to bad if the problem is fixed.

Be nice to everyone in the courthouse.

While I don't know you, I see 100's of people a week who go to court that need to Get a haircut, a Shower and a Shave. Dress NICE. Judges are very conservative. The reason why you want to do this is Money!!!!.... If the court doesn't think you respect them they are more likely to fine you.

This!

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless of how it's labeled... junk, trash, recycleables, etc. get compliant with the code and your probs will likely go away. Sounds like you've had ample time to do it. If you really need to accumulate this type stuff then move either where zoning allows it or no-zoning exists.
I live on a small acreage outside any city limits so I have a little buffer zone as I don't want a cattle feedlot, salvage/junk yard, etc. anywhere near me. If I lived where ordinances prohibited it, I'd want code enforcement to do their job.

M

mikem1262

Really? You live in city limits, there are codes in place for a reason. Clean up your place, you want to live in a junk yard, them move out of the city limits or to a business district. No offense, but if folks that live near you can the crap/trash etc in your yard, then you should clean it up.

Just stay in the city limits and clean it up. Those of us who live in the country don't appreciate it anymore than those in the city!! Why do people think its alright to live in the country and trash it up?? It brings our property values down too. I don't mean to rant but it pisses me off when you take good care of your property and keep it cleaned up just to have some jacka$$ move in next store and make it his junkyard.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom